This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

As we anxiously await this year’s Grammy Awards, we figured what better way to add to the excitement than taking a look back at some of the most noteworthy moments from Grammy’s past. Although the iconic “Imma let you finish” moment was sadly a product of the VMA’s, don’t fear, the Grammy’s are full of memorable performances, looks, and drama. Take a look at our list of favorites:

The Dress That Created Google Images:

Although she’s still Jenny from the Block, J-Lo proved she was a little more than your girl next door with this revealing dress that turned heads at the 2000 Grammy’s. She didn’t even win an award that night (she was nominated for best dance recording) but it’s safe to say she stole the show on the red carpet. So many people took to the internet to get a second look at the dress after the show, that Google decided to add the ability to search for images to their services.

Pink Defies Gravity

Perhaps one of the most memorable performances in Grammy’s history, Pink showed off her acrobatics skills in 2010 by flying around the audience on a trapeze. She sang “Glitter in the Air” while doing stunts high above the crowd and made it look easy. In interviews afterwards, Pink credited her 8 years background in gymnastics and said she decided to take to the ceiling because, “Everyone’s pretty much done everything else there is to do”. She performed another aerial act at the 2014 Grammy’s.

A Big Night For A Little Leann

14-year-old Leann Rimes became the youngest person to win a Grammy Award in 1997, scooping up wins for Best New Artist and Best Female Country Vocal Performance. The record has since been broken, but it was shocking to think that a girl who was barely a teenager could tackle such an incredible feat in the music industry. Rimes has since continued a successful career in country music.

Elton & Eminem: An Unlikely Duo

After his lyrics spurred controversy for being homophobic, Eminem made a statement at the 2000 Grammy’s by taking the stage with Elton John to perform “Stan”. The collaboration seemed strange to many not only due to a difference in music styles, but opposing views as well. The iconic picture of them accepting applause hand-in-hand proves that music can bring just about anyone together.

Kesha’s Moving Tribute

In wake of the #MeToo movement and Kesha’s legal battle against her former producer Dr. Luke after a sexual assault, she took to the stage to perform her hit song “Praying”. She was accompanied by female artists including Cyndi Lauper, Camila Cabello, and Bebe Rexha, who all dressed in white to show support for the movement. The powerful performance brought many in the audience to tears.

Lady Gaga’s Red Carpet Egg

2011 was prime time for some of the craziest Lady Gaga looks and performances (2010 was the year of the iconic meat dress), so many were anticipating something interesting from her at the Grammy’s. In typical Gaga fashion, she did not disappoint – she arrived on the red carpet in a giant egg, carried by four alien-looking attendants. Gaga performed “Born This Way” and began by emerging from the egg.

Julia Demopoulos is a senior at Suffolk University majoring in print/web journalism and minoring in public relations. She is originally from Dracut, MA but currently resides in East Boston. In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk, Julia is also the Vice President for Program Council, Suffolk's programming board on campus. She is also an active member of Suffolk's Journey Leadership Program. Julia works in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as a Trustee Ambassador (tour guide), and was an Orientation leader for Summer 2019.