This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Everyone loves a good wedding. Some girls like planning their wedding for when they find their Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl or Nathan Scott from One Tree Hill. Some girls like going along with the flow and will choose whatever detail comes to them. However, one thing that all girls will savior is the first dance song. Here are the best wedding songs for the first dance.

1. “18” by One Direction

The first time I listened to this song, I instantly fell in love with it and put it on repeat for at least five days straight. I hope I find a boyfriend by the time before my 19th birthday. If we break up, I’m going to get back with him on purpose and marry him just to have this as my wedding song. Just kidding, maybe…

2. “10,000” Hours by Dan + Shay

This is going to be my wedding song if I don’t find a boyfriend before I turn 19. Honestly, though, Dan + Shay knows how to write love songs that just bomb AF.

3. “Speechless” by Dan + Shay

Another Dan + Shay song of course. Everyone has definitely heard of this song and I think the title of the song itself is self-explanatory.

4. “From the Ground Up” by Dan + Shay

Last Dan + Shay song on this I promise. I told you, they’re really good at writing and singing love songs.

5. “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran

Ed Sheeran is one of those guys who just constantly is publishing love songs. I remember I heard this song in 8th grade and loved it right away. Sigh, a throwback to when life was stress-free.

6. “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran

Yes, another song by Ed. But who on earth can disagree that this is a wedding song that people instantly think of?

7. “Thousand Years” by Christina Perri

This is another popular song but not gonna lie, it’s probably my least favorite song on this list. Oops.

8. “Marry You” by Bruno Mars

Oh. My. God. This song just hits me right hard in the feelings. However, though, it does give me trauma to when (SPOILER ALERT TO “The Secret Life of the American Teenager”) Ben and Adrian got married. That was an ouch moment.

9. “I Won’t Give Up”  by Jason Mraz

This is high key such an underrated song not only for a 1st wedding dance but in general. I remember I used to listen to this during my own time when I was a freshman in high school. Good times.

10. “All of Me” by John Legend

Gotta save the best for last. This was my brother’s wedding song. Can you believe that John Legend wrote this about Chrissy Teigen and then proceeded to create the most adorable family with her? Actually, I might have controversy about the adorable family part with Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis. Still cute AF though.

There’s probably more songs that I didn’t intend to not add. Ladies and gents, make sure you settle for someone who’ll give you the world one day like Chuck or Nathan.

Lindsey Tell

Suffolk '23

Lindsey is from Billerica, MA and cannot live without her caramel iced coffee from Dunkin’ Donuts nor her long, complicated Starbucks orders. She also has directs her own podcast, TELL Me All About It, on the app “Soundcloud” by searching up ”suffolkfreeradio”