This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Several things are inevitable in a girl’s life; including: paying bills, having to exercise, and the all-too-often bad hair days.  Unfortunately, we all seem to experience them on the day we have the most perfect and trendiest outfit picked out.  While we can’t always predict when the dreaded day will present itself, we can be prepared.

Whether its humidity or cold winds making your hair out of control, there are many quick and easy solutions to calm down that frizz and still look absolutely trendy and chic:

1. Have a few wide headbands available to push it back.  If you have several patterns, fun textures, and seasonal colors, you can always create a fresh look, and your hair will look as though you planned it that way to begin with.

2. Don’t hesitate to wear a trendy hat, or baseball cap depending on your outfit and your plans for the day.  With so many fashionable hat styles to choose from right now, there’s never been a better time to look chic and savvy…while resolving a hair issue at the same time.

3. The simple pony tail (or partial pony tail) is a perfect solution to pull your hair away from your face for a sleek, neat look. Shop for unique pony holders and barrettes for several options to work with.  Many can be found on the online botique, etsy.com.

4. Sometimes the weather makes your hair just simply out of control and messy.  You may be trying to curl it or do a certain style and it’s just not working.  Put it up!  So many easy-to-do up-dos are in right now, and they look great.  Twist your hair around several times and pin it back! Practice in advance, so you can be prepared to do it quickly.  For example, you can make a cute messy side bun with some strands hanging down – it will look fabulous and stylish, and you’ll get the frizz out of your face.

5. Fishtail or braid those long luscious locks.  Tease the hair at the top, and let some loose strands hang out, to create a fashionably messy look.  Braid it to the side and show off that sexy neck!

6. Above all….relax, deal with your hair as effectively as possible, and know that there’s always someone out there dealing with a worse hair day than you are having…

My name is Alexa Mellardo and I am currently a sophomore and Broadcast Journalism major at Suffolk University, located in the heart of one of the most charming cities in the world: Boston. A passionate journalist, I am fortunate to be doing what I love to do….writing! When I’m not composing articles for two awesome online publications (hercampus.com and also collegefashionista.com) and attending classes, I intern at a trendy magazine in the city. In between, I love to shop and spend time with my friends and my boyfriend. I have two addictions: shopping and cupcakes. In light of that, what better place to be than just blocks away from Newbury Street, Charles Street and Quincy Market? My quaint, vintage brownstone apartment in Beacon Hill is where my two best friends and I keep it strictly classy and fashionable. We turned our apartment into a comfy fashionable haven, and we enjoy relaxing and entertaining our friends. Living in such an awesome city provides a wealth of opportunity, fun, and culture to embrace. My dream is to one day be a respected, well-known broadcast journalist.
Originally from Connecticut, Erica attends Suffolk University in Boston, Massachusetts. She is a senior, majoring in public relations, and minoring in marketing. She founded Suffolk's chapter of Her Campus along with co-Campus Correspondent, Mackenzie Newcomb. has interned at a few start-up companies including Quincy Apparel and Good to Go Organics. She was also a public relations intern at Regan Communications Group, and is currently the advertising/marketing intern at The Improper Bostonian Magazine. Erica also works on Newbury Street at Jack Wills University Outfitters, a British clothing company that is expanding across America. She is very interested in the world of fashion, and hopes to make it big doing marketing/PR for a fashion magazine or as a publicist in New York City or LA upon graduation. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, hanging out with friends, going to the beach, reading, writing, and dancing.