Style > Beauty

Back to School Survival Kit: Reasons I Love Garnier’s Skinactive Micellar Cleansing Water

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Happy Back to School Survival Kits everyone! When I opened the box and saw one of my favorite products in there, I couldn’t have been more excited! In this kit, there was the Garnier Skinactive Micellar Cleansing Water, a product I have been using to remove my makeup for months.

This micellar water does it all! It removes ALL of your makeup (even waterproof mascara), as well as cleanses and refreshes the skin, making it perfect for face, eyes, and lips.

Since I already use this product in my day to day life, a review wouldn’t make sense here, but there are so many reasons to love this amazing product, so I figured I’d share those with you all instead! Here are my top 4:

• Works for all skin types

One of the thing that makes this product so versatile, is the fact that it is compatible with all skin types, ESPECIALLY sensitive skin. I have always struggled with skin being sensitive, and I can’t even tell you how many makeup removers have burned my skin/eyes or left my skin red and splotchy.

• Is able to remove lipstick

I don’t about you, but lipstick is always my least favorite part of my makeup to remove, especially when I wear bold colors such as red. Certain removers and wipes leave me looking like a sad clown as I struggle to remove the stain from my face. This micellar water continues to be one of the only product that is able to completely remove my lipstick (unless I’m wearing a lip stain of course). The product is safe for lips and doesn’t make them burn or tingle post-removal

• You get a lot of product for your money

I love that a little bit of this product goes a long way. The travel size retailing for $3.99 is perfect for any trip or even to keep in your purse for makeup emergencies. The full size bottle retails for $8.99 and comes with 13.5 fl oz. How can you beat that? I’ve been using the same bottle for months and I’m still only halfway through.

• It’s a micellar water as opposed to classic makeup remover

While there is nothing wrong good, old-fashioned makeup remover, there are so many skin benefits to using micellar water instead! It is much more gentle, especially if you have sensitive skin! I also have dry skin, so I prefer to use micellar water as its more hydrating for the skin and overall makes you feel more refreshed after wearing makeup for hours.

Overall, this product has become a staple in my skincare and makeup removing routine for the past few months, and if you’re a makeup lover like myself, I highly recommend checking this out!

Thank you Her Campus and Garnier for placing this awesome product in our Back to School Survival Kits!

Julia Demopoulos is a senior at Suffolk University majoring in print/web journalism and minoring in public relations. She is originally from Dracut, MA but currently resides in East Boston. In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk, Julia is also the Vice President for Program Council, Suffolk's programming board on campus. She is also an active member of Suffolk's Journey Leadership Program. Julia works in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as a Trustee Ambassador (tour guide), and was an Orientation leader for Summer 2019.