All The Buzz Around Oliva Wilde’s new film announcement ‘Don’t Worry Darling’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

It’s the good news we all got to hear last week we didn’t know we needed, with the announcement of Oliva Wilde’s new movie ‘Don’t Worry Darling’. Wilde is back in the director’s seat and this time, the list of actors set to be featured sent the internet into a craze. Harry Styles fans were excited to hear he’ll be on the big screen again, along with Florence Pugh, who has gained popularity after her roles in Midsommar and Little Women. Wilde confirmed the two will be on the project after reposting a picture of the two on her Instagram story the day the news broke of the film. Harry will be replacing Shia LaBeouf, who had to drop out of the project due to scheduling conflict. We don’t know much about the plot, but the movie is said to be a psychological thriller set in an isolated, utopian community in the 1950s California desert, with Harry and Florence rumored to be playing a married couple. According to Collider Magazine, Florence will be playing an “unhappy housewife who slowly begins to question her own sanity when she starts to notice strange occurrences in her small, utopian community in the California desert.” And Harry will play her “picture perfect” husband, who “loves her dearly, but is hiding a dark secret from her.”

Harry has kept quiet during quarantine, and fans were bummed about his tour being postponed and with coronavirus, sadly seeing him live in the future is still up in the air. Fans are excited to hear more about this film as time goes on, and see Harry in another major film. No information is out yet about production or times of release, but it is sure to be a massive hit!

freshman at Suffolk! Interested in music, fashion, and food
Lauren Comeau is a senior at Suffolk University with a major in Print and Web Journalism. She is originally from North Reading, MA. At Suffolk, she is a member of the Program Council, hosts her own nighttime radio show, and enjoys writing for the university's chapter of Her Campus. Lauren is an avid movie fan, loves One Direction, and often spends long hours experimenting with new baking recipes.