Ailton Carvalho ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Name: Ailton C. Carvalho

Major: Sociology: Crime & Justice

Year: Senior, 2014

Hometown: Boston, MA

Astrological Sign: Leo

Relationship Status: Committed to modeling

What do you look for in a girl?

Confidence, intelligence, and ambition! Confidence is super sexy and tricky at the same time. There’s a fine line between confidence and cockiness, so kudos to the girls who can pull it off! ;)

Describe your perfect first date:

Nothing is perfect, but I would say anything different, creative, and memorable would be my dream date. We can go to Dunkin’ Donuts for all I care. What’s important is that you captivate me, leave a lasting impression, and prove that you are an individual with a cool and sexy personality. Then I would be interested in a second date. Maybe we could try Starbucks to make it classy.

Describe your worst date:

Oh man! Worst date would involve a girl who is self-centered, talks about herself the whole time, and just isn’t fun. You have to make ME laugh as well, ladies, it isn’t always just about the guys making you laugh.

Describe your style/look:

I would say my style is really versatile. It all depends on my mood, because I can be really formal and throw on a shirt, a tie, and a blazer. Or I can be casual and throw on a t-shirt, some jeans, and boots.   

Name three words to best describe yourself:

Caring, ambitious, and stimulating.

Celebrity crush?

I always had a thing for Cassie since her song U & Me in 2006. I like the shaved head look too. If you guys can get a hold of her, tell her I’m waiting for her, and I would love a few hours of her time.

Your biggest pet peeve of the opposite sex?

Ummm …when you become too needy and nag.

What is something that most women do not know about you?

I really like being in healthy relationships. Single life isn’t for me.

What is the nicest thing that you have ever done for a woman?

Same thing I do for every girl. Treat them with respect.

Where do you see yourself five years from now?

Hopefully I’ll be living in Miami, and signed to a really well known agency taking pictures for Calvin Klein underwear ads. That’s one of my goals. As soon as I build my resume/ portfolio, I can make the jump to New York. That’s the plan.

Originally from Connecticut, Erica attends Suffolk University in Boston, Massachusetts. She is a senior, majoring in public relations, and minoring in marketing. She founded Suffolk's chapter of Her Campus along with co-Campus Correspondent, Mackenzie Newcomb. has interned at a few start-up companies including Quincy Apparel and Good to Go Organics. She was also a public relations intern at Regan Communications Group, and is currently the advertising/marketing intern at The Improper Bostonian Magazine. Erica also works on Newbury Street at Jack Wills University Outfitters, a British clothing company that is expanding across America. She is very interested in the world of fashion, and hopes to make it big doing marketing/PR for a fashion magazine or as a publicist in New York City or LA upon graduation. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, hanging out with friends, going to the beach, reading, writing, and dancing.