This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

As the bitterly cold winter months arrive, so do the layers of clothing that often ruin the style of one’s winter wardrobe. However, the cold weather does not have to be a Grinch to your style, with a few essential clothing and accessory pieces that will keep you both warm and fashionable. All of the pieces below are from NastyGal.com and are under 50 dollars!

The Turtleneck Bodysuit: 

A turtleneck bodysuit acts as a versatile winter clothing piece within your closet, as it is suitable for casual and more formal occasions. Purchasing one in staple colors such as black or white allows for greater versatility. 

Image Credit: NastyGal.com

The Heeled Black Bootie:

Having a heeled black bootie is an excellent staple to your winter wardrobe, as it can be worn for various occasions. Black booties can be worn during a night out, as well as more casual events, such as lunch with friends. Patent leather booties add a more unique look to the classic black bootie, but can still be worn on various occasions. Wearing booties with fuzzy socks also allows for greater warmth and comfort during those extra cold days and nights! 

Image Credit: NastyGal.com

The Cropped Sweater

Cropped sweaters are another functional closet staple, that is both stylish and warm. It can be worn on various occasions and is best paired with high-waisted jeans and previously mentioned staple black booties. Purchasing one in neutral colors allows for maximum versatility. 

Image Credit NastyGal.com

The Faux Leather Legging

Faux leather leggings are a classic and comfy wardrobe piece that can be dressed up or down. They also provide a more unique substitute to traditional denim outfits.

Image Credit: NastyGal.com

Julia Demopoulos is a senior at Suffolk University majoring in print/web journalism and minoring in public relations. She is originally from Dracut, MA but currently resides in East Boston. In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk, Julia is also the Vice President for Program Council, Suffolk's programming board on campus. She is also an active member of Suffolk's Journey Leadership Program. Julia works in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as a Trustee Ambassador (tour guide), and was an Orientation leader for Summer 2019.