This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

With finals season rapidly approaching, we are also nearing the time of winter break. Having no classes to worry about for nearly a month in the cold, snowy season of winter may be boring, but if you fill your time binge watching a good show, it can turn into something much more interesting. The following shows are not only some of my personal favorites, but they make great shows to binge watch on Netflix and Hulu through this ice cold winter.

1. New Girl (7 Seasons)

(Netflix)

Starring Zooey Deschanel, Jake Johnson, and Max Greenfield, New Girl shows the lives of three male roommates adding a girl into their loft. With only 25 minute episodes, the seven seasons go by pretty quickly. The characters in the show are not only hilarious, but they encompass personalities that are easy to get attached to and love. There are elements of drama that may bring tears to your eyes, but you’re more likely going to find yourself laughing through the series.

2. The Night Shift (4 Seasons)

(Netflix)

The Night Shift presents a unique twist on the average medical show by portraying a military based hospital. The doctors are veterans or currently enlisted in the army that are often treating to those who have served our country. The story and struggles of each character are easy to get attached to, and you’ll find yourself constantly wanting more. With actors such as Jennifer Beals and Ken Leung, the show is extremely well executed and enjoyable for a wide range of audiences.

3. LOVE (3 Seasons)

(Netflix)

Starring Paul Rust and Gillian Jacobs, LOVE follows a duo exploring the journey associated with romantic and sexual relationships. As hopeless romantics and those with the fear of commitment, this show is filled with drama and sarcastic comedy. You will find a character that you’ll love to hate, love to laugh at, and simply just LOVE.

4. The L Word (6 Seasons)

(Netflix)

Back in 2004 Showtime blessed the lesbian community with a show that represents all different types of people and relationships. With a cast such as Jennifer Beals, Erin Daniels, Leisha Hailey, Pam Grier, Katherine Moennig and Mia Kirshner, we are blessed with beautiful women representing different walks of life. This show is filled with drama, and makes it so easy to become emotionally attached to all of the characters throughout the series, especially as they transform into their true selves.

5. Greys Anatomy (15 Seasons)

(Netflix)

Grey’s Anatomy is a painfully beautiful show that can be enjoyed by a wide range of audiences. Starring Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey, Greys will make you weep, laugh, and love. With many notable guest stars, groundbreaking plots, and loveable characters, you will be on the edge of your seat throughout this entire medical drama.

6. LOST (6 Seasons)

(Hulu)

Starring Matthew Fox, Ian Somerhalder, Dominic Monaghan and more, Lost will make you feel all the feelings. While there can be the tendency to get lost in the constant changes of the plot, it possess an intense dramatic quality that makes it interesting to watch. It takes more focus to get through than some of the shows listed above, but it is more than worth it. Follow the journey that the characters have on a mysterious island after the plane crash of oceanic flight 815.

7. One Tree Hill (9 Seasons)

(Hulu)

One Tree Hill is an iconic show that will forever be relevant in the lives of young adults. With a cast such as Sophia Bush, Hilarie Burton, Bethany Joy Lenz, Chad Michael Murray and James Lafferty, you will find yourself attached to the lives of all of the character presented throughout the series. One Tree Hill follows a group of teens throughout their journey in high school and early twenties in the town of Tree Hill, North Carolina. With heartbreaking and warming plot lines, insane character development and drama, this show will work its way into a special place in your heart.

Julia Demopoulos is a senior at Suffolk University majoring in print/web journalism and minoring in public relations. She is originally from Dracut, MA but currently resides in East Boston. In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk, Julia is also the Vice President for Program Council, Suffolk's programming board on campus. She is also an active member of Suffolk's Journey Leadership Program. Julia works in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as a Trustee Ambassador (tour guide), and was an Orientation leader for Summer 2019.