6 Chic Style Trends Every Girl Should Try This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

With summer right around the corner, it’s time to hit the mall for that annual summer shopping trip. Lately, 80’s and 90’s trends have been taking over the fashion world. Many designers and fashion enthusiasts predict that this fun trend will last long through the summer.

Here’s some outfit trends to look out for while shopping this summer.

1. Two-piece sets

Just like a dress or romper, two-piece sets are easy to throw on and walk right out the door. They also make it easy to encourage other summer trends such as bright floral prints.

2. Peekaboo cutouts

This fun trend lets you show the perfect amount of skin and keeps you cool. You can find outfits with peekaboo cutouts on the back, sides or mid-drift section of any summer dresses or shirts.

3. Statement stripes

Stripes in all directions and sizes seem to be making a big comeback this year. While browsing in some stores, I’ve seen stripes be used as statement prints as well as simply lining the bottoms of skirts or dresses.

4. Off the shoulder tops

While this is also a spring trend, I can see it continuing into the summer as well. Another trend inspired by the 70’s that has come back to stay.

5. Big sunglasses

This trend speaks for itself. Big circular glasses have made a comeback as well as aviator style with a bit more of a blockier shape. Basically, any big reflective pair of sunglasses are perfect for this summer.

6. Strappy sandals

This summer is taking the next step up from the last years gladiator sandal trend. I’ve seen a lot of shoes hit the store with straps or ribbon tied around the ankle. It adds a playful touch to any look and can amp up any boring outfit.

Happy shopping, and happy summer!