6 Boston Winter Activities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

With the temperature starting to drop and December 25th slowly creeping in, it time to get in the holiday spirit. If you’re like me and hate the cold, it’s hard to find enjoyable things to do around Boston. Well look no further because here is a list of fun activities to do this winter that are sure to get you in the holiday spirit!

Ice Skating at the Frog Pond:

A perfect date night out in Boston isn’t complete without ice skating at the Frog Pond. Located right in the middle of the Boston Common, ice skating here is always a festive tradition for families, couples and friends.

Max Brenner Hot Chocolate date:

Chocolate fanatics such as myself would die over the world’s best hot chocolate served only at Max Brenner. Their italian thick hot chocolate isn’t only steamed to a creamy perfection but is also served in a special “Hug Mug” guaranteed to create the ultimate cozy hot chocolate drinking experience.

Holiday Shows:

Catch a classic shows such as The Nutcracker or Elf The Musical in Bostons Theatre District. Well known theatres such as Boston Opera House and the Wang Theatre are swarming with various performances so you are sure to find one you like.

Faneuil Hall:

Although the Tree Lighting Ceremony has already passed, Faneuil Hall is still a great place to take an Instagram worthy pictures in front of the big bright Christmas tree. Walking down the stone walkways through all the bright lights wrapped around the trees is sure to get you in the holiday spirit. Also it is a great place to get some holiday shopping done while you’re at it.

City Hall Plaza:

Transformed into a literary winter wonderland, City Hall Plaza introduced a new outdoor ice skating rink just last year. A little different than the Frog Pond, the ice rink wraps around into a circle. With other activities such as various shops and activities like Santa’s House and a pedal-powered Holiday Tree, it’s perfect for a family trip.

Celtic or Bruins Game:

Looking for something a bit more warmer? A great way to experience the Boston culture while staying away from the cold is to catch a basketball or hockey game at the TD Garden. Bring a friend and show your Boston pride.