5 (Basically) Guilt Free Dessert Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Let’s face it – desserts are delicious! They’re the best and most awaited part of any meal, especially around the holidays. And chances are that if you’re anything like me, you feel a little guilty after indulging in that whole bag of your best friend’s mom’s infamous chocolate chip cookies that she mails you once a month, or those free dessert tables that seem to lie around every corner on campus.

Well, we’ve come up with some simple solutions, so that you can indulge in dessert, guilt free! Here are five easy to make dessert recipes that you don’t have to feel bad about having around the apartment!

1. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip No-Bake Bars
This satisfying treat tastes like a blissful combination of two childhood faves, S’mores and Rice Krispies! The best part is, they’re not as bad for you! This snack is made with whole grain cereal, so each serving has five grams of fiber. (Flat Belly Diet Cookbook.)

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp trans-free margarine
3 Cups standard-sized marshmallows (20-22)
1 Tbsp creamy natural unsalted peanut butter
3 Cups wheat square cereal
½ Cup dry-roasted peanuts
¼ Cup semisweet chocolate bits

Directions:
• Coat an 8”x 8” baking pan with cooking spray.
• Melt the margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the marshmallows and cook, stirring until melted. Stir in peanut butter until well combined and smooth. Remove from heat, add cereal and peanuts, and stir until well coated.
• Transfer to the prepared pan using a rubber spatula. Place a piece of wax paper coated with cooking spray over the top, and press down with your hand to flatten. Cool for 20 minutes.
• Remove the cereal square from the pan, and set on a rack over a baking pan. Place the chocolate bits in a small bowl, and microwave in 5-second increments stirring with a spoon between each, for 20-25 seconds, or until melted. Using a small spoon, drizzle the chocolate over cereal square.
• Cool completely for 30-35 minutes.

Total Time: 65 minutes
Servings: 6
Calories per serving: 324

2. Chocolate Mousse
This rich and creamy dessert is just enough to satisfy any chocolate-lover’s craving! (Flat Belly Diet Cookbook)

Ingredients:
12 Ounces soft silken tofu, drained
2 Tsp vanilla extract
1/8 Tsp almond extract
1 Cup semisweet chocolate bits, melted
½ Cup fat-free, Greek-style yogurt

Directions:
• Place tofu, vanilla, and almond extracts in food processor, and blend until smooth. Add chocolate, and blend for 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl with rubber spatula when necessary. Pour into large bowl.
• Add in the yogurt just until blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
• To add the decorative finishing touches, draw a vegetable peeler along the edge of a bar of chocolate to create shavings.

Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4
Calories per serving: 271

[pagebreak]
3. Funfetti Yogurt Dip
This crowd-pleasing dessert is great for parties and get-togethers! Just serve the dip with animal crackers or Nilla wafers and you’ll have a great dessert that everyone will enjoy.

Ingredients:
1 Box of Funfetti cake mix
2 Cups plain fat free Greek yogurt
1 Cup light Cool Whip (or whipped cream)

Directions:
• Wisk cake mix and yogurt until smooth. Add in cool whip.
• Refrigerate until serving.

Total Time: 8 minutes
Servings: 24
Calories per serving: 105

4. Peanut Butter Yogurt Pie
Attention peanut butter lovers! Read on for this easy and simply heavenly treat. This must-try is also great for parties (but we won’t tell if you make it just for you)!

Ingredients:
32 Ounces vanilla Greek yogurt
¾ Cup smooth peanut butter
9-inch crust of choice (Oreo, graham cracker, etc.)

Directions:
• In a large mixing bowl, stir the yogurt and peanut butter with a wire whisk until blended. Spread into the prepared pie shell.
• Chill the pie overnight (the pie will be thicker the longer it’s chilled).
• Serve with chopped peanut butter cups or whipped cream, if desired.

Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 10
Calories per serving: 270

5. Skinny Oreo Cookies ‘n’ Cream Milkshake
Sometimes when you just crave a tasty drink, it’s good to know that you have some not-so-bad milkshakes to turn to, like one this for those Oreo-lovers out there.

Ingredients:
1 Cup reduced-fat (1%) milk or ½ cup fat-free and ½ cup reduced-fat 2%
2½ Reduced-fat Oreo cookies
1 Tablespoon instant vanilla pudding (dry mix)
1 Teaspoon vanilla
1 Package Splenda or Equal
1½ Cups ice cubes

Directions:
• Add all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Add a few more ice cubes if the shake isn’t thick enough.
• Serve at once.

Time: 8 minutes
Servings: 2
Calories per serving: 118

I like to say that everything is okay in moderation, and I bet anybody could agree with this, especially when it comes to desserts! With these tasty, and basically guilt-free treats, there’s no reason not to enjoy and indulge! So get cookin’!

Hey everyone! My name is Becca DeMello and I'm a Junior, majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Marketing and Psychology at Suffolk University in the great city of Boston, MA. Aside from Her Campus, I'm also involved in Theta Phi Alpha, one of the sororities here on campus! I love books, dogs, running, dressing up, writing, the Red Sox, memorable quotes, peanut butter, and cheetah print! I'll leave you with two of my favorite quotes that I think sum me up just right: "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius "She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future." - Proverbs 31:25