This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

We’ve all been there, the holidays are over but the cold is still here which means its 100 times harder to leave your warm cozy bed. But there is still a lot of life happening out there, so here are some tips on how to keep your mood up during this winter slump time!

Invite people to come to you!  – Going out in the cold weather can be so harsh, so why not invite some friends to come over for a warm night in. Make hot chocolate, throw on a movie, and cook something cozy like tomato soup and grilled cheese to keep everyone warm!

Show yourself some love! – a day of self pampering will do you good! Sleep in, have a hot shower, then a full day of showing your skin some love with a face mask and a mani peni. Throw in some meditation and a scented candle and it’s just like a spa without having to brave the cold!

Go out but be indoors! – No all of these tips can include being at home, you’ll have to go out at some point or life will be passing you by and you’ll miss out on a lot! Head to some indoor things like a museum or the library! These are great ways to get out of the house but just relocate to somewhere else with heat and social interactions!

Meet the squad for a hot chocolate date! – There are places all over Boston that have amazing hot chocolate! You can head to Max Brenner’s, or Godiva, or even South Street Diner! Just getting out for something warm and delicious will be good motivation!

How ever you choose to survive the rest of this winter have it involve socialization, self love, and warm yummy things for your tummy!

.