10 Best Taylor Swift Songs of All Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Happy Anniversary Swifties! On October 24th, 2016 Taylor Swift’s debut self-titled album celebrated its tenth anniversary! It seems like just yesterday that we were all jamming to Teardrops on my Guitar on the radio. Since then, Taylor has released four more albums, each accompanied by their own tour. To celebrate her ten years of music and this momentous accomplishment, here are the top ten best Taylor Swift songs of all time!

10.) All Too Well

This sensational Taylor Swift song from her Red album speaks of a relationship that ended poorly and how she’ll remember the memories perfectly. Even if you can’t relate, this song is for sure one that we all like to sing at the top of our lungs. And if you went to the Red tour, I’d say Taylor rocked the piano on this song all too well and had me feeling quite emotional.

9.) Teardrops on My Guitar

One of the songs that started it all! From her self-titled album, this song was one of Taylor’s first on the radio. The heartbreaking song speaks about a boy, Drew, and how it hurts to Taylor to see him be with someone else. You’re lying if this song didn’t make you wish you had a guitar and a boy to cry about.

8.) Mean

Why you gotta be so mean? More like why you gotta be stuck in my head all the time? This catchy jam is from Taylor’s Speak Now album and is an anthem to anyone who has ever been put down by someone who is nothing but mean… and a liar… and pathetic… and alone in life… but mostly mean!

7.) Out of the Woods

This hit from Swift’s 1989 album is one of the many rumored songs to be about ex-boyfriend Harry Styles. The song speaks of a rocky relationship in which she lost the boy but found herself. Taylor for sure gets out of the woods of country as this song emphasizes her new edgy, pop style.

6.) 22

I don’t know about you, but I wish I was 22. If it is anything like Taylor describes in this upbeat jam from her Red album, it sounds insanely fun. This song is perfect for days where you can drive around with the windows down and the music blasting. Also, if it’s your 22nd birthday and you don’t post a picture with the caption “I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling 22!” are you even 22?

5.) Shake It Off

From her latest album 1989, this upbeat anthem speaks to us about not letting the haters get us down. As the first single from 1989, this song debuted Taylor’s shift from country to pop. Whether you love it or hate it, you can’t deny that the song is beyond catchy. It is nearly impossible to not get up and shake it off when it comes on.

4.) You Belong with Me

When it comes to this jam from Taylor’s Fearless album, I’m not sure what I love more, the song or the music video. In this song, Swift is in love with a boy who has a girlfriend, and she desperately tries to convince him that she’s the better choice. The video starred heartthrob Lucas Till and after watching you can’t help but think, no Lucas Till, you belong with me.

3.) Our Song

This song from Taylor’s self-titled album highlights her country roots and is a must be blasted at full volume kind of song. She sings about how she and her current love don’t have a song and he explains all the little things in their relationship that make up their own little song. When Taylor got home she asked God to play it again and because this song was such a jam, I did the exact same.

2.) Love Story

From her second album Fearless, this may or may not be one of the most romantic love songs Taylor has ever made. Based on Romeo and Juliet, Swift sings of a forbidden love. This love song was meant to be sung at the top of your lungs for all to hear. Whenever someone asks “Do you want to listen to Love Story?”, baby just say yes!

1.)  Enchanted

Ranking in at number one is by far Enchanted from Swift’s Speak Now album. She sings about being enchanted by someone magical and begging them not to be in love with someone else. It is impossible not to lose it in the music when the guitar beat drops and belt out the chorus loud enough for someone in another country to hear. This song is flawless and I’ll never let it go.

Julia Demopoulos is a senior at Suffolk University majoring in print/web journalism and minoring in public relations. She is originally from Dracut, MA but currently resides in East Boston. In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk, Julia is also the Vice President for Program Council, Suffolk's programming board on campus. She is also an active member of Suffolk's Journey Leadership Program. Julia works in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as a Trustee Ambassador (tour guide), and was an Orientation leader for Summer 2019.