Who Are the Highest Paid YouTubers?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STU (CA) chapter.

We’ve all watched, liked and even subscribed to famous YouTube channels like PewDiePie, Epic Meal Time and Jenna Marbles, but exactly how much money are they making?

After receiving enough followers on their channel, a YouTuber can begin to receive money for each view they get on their videos. A YouTuber normally gets between $20 and $25 for every thousandth of their videos that is played with an ad. Even though the YouTube company receives 45% of that income, the YouTubers still earn a pretty penny after all those views!

After all that, who tops the list when it comes to making money as a YouTuber? Find out below in a top 10 list of the highest earning YouTubers!

10. RealAnnoyingOrange – $3.4 million

Yes, this annoying orange has really made the list at number 10 with his numerous talking food friends and his cheesy jokes! Since their start in 2010, they have received over 2 billion views and 4 million subscribers!

9. UberHaxorNova – $3.5 million

James, nicknamed Nova, is a famous gamer YouTube star who plays numerous games like Grand Theft Auto, Garry’s Mod, and Far Cry. He is also a member of the Creature Hub, a “group of guys who play games and yell at each other while doing it.” Nova has over 1 billion views and almost 3 million subscribers!

8. RayWilliamJohnson – $4 million

Ray William Johnson is an American video blogger, or vlogger, who is a comedian. He was first going to university to study law, but later began watching YouTube videos and eventually decided to make videos himself. He currently has over 10 million subscribers and almost 3 billion views!

7. TobyGames – $4.2 million

This is Toby Turner’s third YouTube channel, and the most popular. He plays games like Happy Wheels, Minecraft and Evolve! He has almost 7 million subscribers and 2 billion views!

6. Jenna Marbles – $4.3 million

Jenna Marbles, real name Jenna Mourey, is a YouTube comedy star. She graduated from university with a degree in psychology, and then earned a masters degree in sports psychology and counselling. She has over 14 million subscribers and almost 2 billion views.

5. BluCollection – $4.8 million

BluCollections is a YouTube channel that reviews toys and playsets for babies, infants and toddlers. They show everything from dolls, Play-Doh, Lego and much more! The channel has received almost 2 million subscribers and 3 billion views.

4. DisneyCollectorBR – $5 million

This YouTube channel is another review channel of toys and games for children. With over 4 million subscribers and 6 billion views, they know what’s on the rise with toys!

3. Smosh – $5.7 million

I think we all know Smosh, the funny YouTube channel with Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla! They are well known for their comedic videos like Pokemon in Real Life and Video Game Items in Real Life. They also featured in a music video from the YouTube channel Epic Rap Battles of History! Their channel has over 20 million subscribers and 4 billion views!

2. BlueXephos (Yogscast Lewis & Simon)  – $6.7 million

This YouTube channel is the main channel for the Yogscast, which first started out as World of Warcraft boss guides to-date with founders Liam and Simon. This channel consists of “Minecraft and multiplayer comedy gaming with a drunken dwarf and a handsome spaceman!” They play indie games, adventure maps and Minecraft modules! This channel has over 7 million subscribers and over 3 billion video views!

1. PewDiePie – $7 million

Our #1 highest earning YouTuber is none other than PewDiePie! PewDiePie, or Felix (his real name) first started his YouTube channel by playing horror games and sharing his experience with viewers. His reactions to jumpscares and his playing of Amnesia is what first got him popular in the YouTube world. With over 35 million subscribers and 8 billion views, this guy is continuing to rise in fame!

2nd year student at STU! I love to write, watch movies, listen to Kpop, be with friends and shop! I am currently studying Journalism.