Travel Blogger: What I Learned in Europe, Part 3

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STU (CA) chapter.

Happy exam week, collegiettes! Now that it’s almost summer, it’s time to start thinking about vacations. Whether you’re taking a summer course abroad, or just going on an adventure, here’s some tips and tricks I learned in Paris!

Paris, where the croissants are usually covered in chocolate and raw sugar, and the wine is cheaper than water. Where all roads lead to the Eiffel Tower (in a sense) and the Louvre is that big glass triangle surrounded by gardens and an abandoned carousel.

First, let’s start with the obvious places to visit!

1. The Louvre, full of rare and priceless collections of art from artists all over the world (you’ve read The Da Vinci Code, right?)
  2. Muse D’Orsay, another art museum filled with more art. It’s more spaced out than the Louvre, and almost as busy. The more museums I’ve visited the more I realize they’re all like Union Station.
  3. The Eiffel Tower, for obvious reasons!
  4. The Palace of Versailles – former home of the original teen queen, Marie Antoinette!
  5. Notre Dame Cathedral. Go at night and during the day! You’ll be glad you did, they light it all up and it looks beautiful!

Despite what it may seem, there’s even more to Paris than you’d think.  Here’s my own personal list of tips and tricks for the City of Light!

1. Visit the Jardin du Luxembourg, and definitely see the Fontaine de Medicis.
  2. You have to make a stop at Shakespeare and Co. It’s by far the coolest and most wonderful bookstore I have ever been too (and I’ve been to a lot).
  3. Get lost! The best places I ever found were the ones I found myself in by complete accident! I’d love to give you the addresses… but I don’t have any!

Well collegiettes, that wraps up our travel blogs for this year! I wish you all the best adventures over the summer. Remember, Paris is always a good idea!