Suh Yoon Jung (Jenny) ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STU (CA) chapter.

This week we’re featuring Suh Yoon Jung, aka Jenny!  She’s a third-year English and media studies student, originally from Seoul, South Korea.  Check out her interview below!

What’s your relationship status?Single

Why did you come to Canada and study at STU?

I heard STU has small class sizes, so I thought it would be easy to interact with students and professors. Also, I wanted to learn English and experience the different culture in Canada.

How many languages do you speak?

I can speak only two languages: English and Korean.

What is one thing you would bring from South Korea to Canada to make it feel more like home?

It’s so obvious – Korean food! Whenever I eat Korean food, I feel homey. I still miss my mother’s food though.

What is your favorite thing to do in Fredericton?

I like to go for a walks in nice weather, and to the farmer’s market downtown.

What’s the biggest change you’ve made since coming to STU?

I think I am becoming more independent. At first, I was so afraid to live without my family, because this is my first time living separately. However, now I feel more confident to do everything by myself.

What’s your favourite food?

My favourite food is Sushi. I think salmon sushi is the best!

What are your plans for this summer?

I am planning to take intersession and get a TESL certificate, then I will travel to New York City with my family, and go back to Korea.

Tell us about your personal blog.

It has been three years that [I’ve had] my own blog, and I usually post about make-up tutorials, popular restaurants, and my travel stories. In Korea, many young people like to run their own blogs like me. I like writing and telling my stories to people, so blogging is one of the most important parts in my life.

Do you have any hobbies?

I like hot yoga, because it makes me feel relieved, and gets rid of stress.

What was your best travel experience?

Since I came to Canada, I have traveled a lot. For me, the most impressive place was Quebec City. I saw many European style buildings and I like the atmosphere. People were laid-back and nice there.

Do you like children?

Yes, but I like toddlers – preschoolers. Babies are so cute. They make me smile.

Nickname: DJFrom: Hartford, CT, USAUniversity: St. Thomas University, Fredericton, New Brunswick, CanadaMajor: Communications, CriminologyMinor: English LiteratureHobbies: Homework Volunteering, Online-Window Shopping