Sam Logan ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STU (CA) chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is none other than Samantha Logan.  Sam is a freshman at STU who loves reading, collecting, and her Chatham Hall family!

Where’s your hometown?

Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.

What are you planning on majoring in?

I’m not sure yet but I’m leaning toward sociology.

What are your interests?

I like fine arts like painting, sewing, and drawing. I also like reading, hot chocolate, and playing the ukulele.

Do you have a favourite author?

Kurt Vonnegut.

What’s your relationship status?

I’m in a relationship.

Describe your life ten years from now?

I hope to have finished my education, own a large book collection, and have a career that I love and that allows me to improve other people’s lives.

Who would you say is your biggest role model?

I’d have to say my grandfather; he makes it his priority to help people in need and cares a lot about his family and makes it a priority to spend time with them. He just generally enjoys life.

What is your most prized possession?

My sketchbook. Oh, and these boxes that I have been adding to over the past four years. I add souvenirs like movie tickets or little things that I’ve read.  Basically I collect things to remind me of the past.

What’s your favourite frozen yogurt flavour?

Hands down, raspberry lemonade sorbet.

Why did you choose St. Thomas University?

I applied to a lot of universities and STU really stood out to me.  They sent me lots of cute little postcards in the mail, and it’s such a beautiful campus with such a friendly community that I couldn’t resist.

And what would you say is your best university experience thus far?

All of the individual moments and experiences that have created my relationship with the Chatham Hall residence family that I am so proud to be a part of.

My name is Brynn, and my idea of perfection ranges from settling into bed with a cup of tea and a good book or movie, taking a road trip with family on a sunny day, hiking along a nature trail with a canine companion, or just spending time with great friends, because it's not always about what you're doing, but who you're doing it with!