Join the Her Campus Team!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STU (CA) chapter.

When we arrived at STU, Her Campus was not something many students had heard about before. Second-year student Emma Chapple had heard of it before however, and decided that STU would be the perfect place to start her own chapter.

While the HC team at STU is small, having only ten members this year, we are hoping to expand and become established as club or society by the university in the coming year. The group this year put a lot of working into starting a new chapter at STU, and can’t wait to keep expanding!

Starting a new chapter wasn’t the easiest thing to do. After a lengthy application process handled by Editor-in-Chief Emma Chapple, our group was given the go ahead to start a chapter. But how would we do it?

While it was a stressful start, we pulled together as a team and got it done. After our launch and launch party it seemed as though we were on to something big!

Next year, we’re working on becoming even bigger. With plans to bring in new writers, both in full time and intro positions, and the hope of registering as a club and society, we’re extremely excited to start another year at STU.

Make sure to keep tabs on what’s happening with the team! We’re planning on having many more events and becoming an even bigger part of the community at STU.

The STU chapter as well as the Her Campus National Team are introducing plenty of new opportunities. From new positions here at STU, to opportunities to write at a national level, like in HC’s upcoming LGBTQ+ section.

The possibilities with Her Campus are really endless. New ideas are always welcomed and encouraged!

If you would like to be a part of the HC team next year, be sure to keep up with information on our Facebook and Twitter, or get in touch! You can contact our Editor-in-Chief, Emma at emmachapple@hercampus.com for any further information.

Next year we are hoping to make joining the team a fun and exciting experience with help from returning members and events to make new members feel welcomed into our HC family.  It’s been one heck of a year – and we can’t wait for the next one!

HCxo,

The Her Campus STU Team – Emma, DJ, Ashley, Kattiana, Brynn, Alicia, Alyssa, Julia & Kali!

I'm Alyssa Richard and I came to Fredericton from Moncton! I fell in love with writing in grade five when I wrote my first short story and I discovered my love of journalism when I was in my first year of high school. I plan to major in journalism here at STU and possibly do a double major in communications. Other than writing I love going to the gym, cheerleading, reading and just hanging out with friends. I'm super excited for this year and can't wait to see what it brings!