Campus Style Star: Emily L’Oiseau

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STU (CA) chapter.

Emily L’Oiseau: Style with an Edge

Major: English and Sociology

Style icon: Mostly just my friends. I have friends in Halifax, like Saige and Martina that I look up to and here I look up to Scott Debow and Angel Williams.

Other style influences: Tumblr, and a website called Look Book [LookBook.nu].

Favourite stores: Value Village and H&M

Favourite clothing articles: Leather jackets. I own five, all in different colours.

What does fashion mean to you? Self-expression and visual art that you can do everyday.

How would you describe your style? A little bit punk, a little bit bohemian and on occasion, boy’s clothes and vintage.

First-year student, Emily L’Oiseau has a unique vintage style of her own. The white collared shirt underneath a baggy knitted sweater gives off a classic comfy feel. Whereas her cute skull leggings tucked into red combat boots gives her outfit a modern punk edge. Emily adds just enough accessories to make the outfit pop with a cameo necklace and her minimalist earrings. Finally, her daring makeup and turquoise hair keeps her style creative and bold, and a look few can pull off!

Hi! My name is Julia and I am a Her Campus Contributor. I'm in my first year at STU and I plan on majoring in Political Sciences and Communications. I love writing, music, tattoos, piercings, politics and current events. I'm hoping to one day be a Political Advisor! Until then I'm happy to write for HerCampus!