Turn your Student Accommodation into a Home!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

As the semester begins, as do thousands of new students, meaning new cities and new homes too! At Her Campus Strathclyde we’re here to help you turn your Student Accommodation into a cosy new home for the academic year ahead!

Pinterest is a great place to look for some inspiration, alternatively, who doesn’t love a trip to IKEA?!

A Desk! Using this photo as inspiration will help you to keep your desk organised and to keep it clutter free!

Calendar! This wall calendar will help to keep you on top of any deadlines and will help to keep your social activities organised too!

Fairy lights! The twinkle and soft lighting that fairy lights give is the perfect addition to your bedroom while studying! The soft lighting will relax you after a long day but also looks pretty!

Cushions! Cushions can help to make any house a home! They create a really cosy, comfy atmosphere that will be great for nights in with friends!

Make sure to follow @HerCampusStrath on Twitter and Instagram and Like our Facebook page!

I'm Marjorie, studying towards a BA Hons Degree in International Business. I have always lived in Glasgow and love what it has to offer in terms of shopping, restaurants and nightlife! In September 2016, I embarked on my international exchange to Milan, Italy for 4 months which I absolutely loved!! Studying abroad allowed me to meet some lovely new friends, taste delicious food and visit beautiful lakes and cities nearby. I love going out with friends, getting dressed up, trying new things and meeting new people!