This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

A major pet peeve of mine is waking up on the day of a big night out or an important event with a huge spot that refuses to be covered up with make-up! Nine out of ten females would agree with this statement, but fear not ladies, there is a solution to this predicament.

Her Campus Strath has hunted high and low and found out top secret skin secrets just for your eyes only.

Germolene!

Now who would have believed that antiseptic cream would be your new best friend?! For only £2.09 (from Superdrug) you can get this little lifesaver. Not only does it clear your skin of any bacteria, but it can also reduce redness and leave you with a clear complexion! There is more… Germolene doesn’t just vanquish spots, but is also very effective for minor cuts and grazes, minor burns, scalds and blisters, stings and insect bites and chapped or rough skin!!

I don’t know about you but I am never leaving home without it again!!

Sudocrem

You might remember it from when you were younger (think baby!) as it’s commonly used for nappy rash. It forms a protective layer over your skin to reduce the risk of infection and reduce swelling as well as redness. It’s not just for babies and spots but great for eczema and sunburn too!

Tea Tree Oil

A great natural remedy for spots! It contains natural antibacterial agents, which unblock and disinfect pores as well as drying out blackheads and blemishes.

Photo Credits

www.satooz.com

www.scform.com

www.thebodyshop.ca