david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Top Cruelty-Free Make Up Brands for Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

Halloween is just round the corner and you’ve been debating over what you should finally choose to be for that big night-out for weeks and even when you make the big decision, that’s only half the battle! You then have to hunt for the perfect outfit to style your look and of course, you have to make the crucial Halloween make-up purchases. That flawless vampy red lip, or the picture-perfect pastels for that mermaid look – and these don’t have to be achieved at the expense of animals. We’re here to keep you informed on the amazing make-up brands paving the way to cruelty free beauty that are just as good, if not better, than those you might usually buy from. We apologies in advance for the spending spree temptations you’re about to endure. 

Bare Minerals That’s right, that brand you see in most of your usual drugstores or dotted around the high street are completely cruelty free and making some amazing products. From foundation to eyeshadow you can get your hands on anything and everything that you need to become anything you want to be this Hallloween! Better yet, they’ve just released a new product – their Invisible Light Translucent Powder Duo so you can have a flawlessly faced Halloween. 

Illamasqua A brand growing in popularity thanks to its high quality products, gorgeous packaging and if you haven’t heard of their Beyond Highlighter – a quick search will provide you with hundreds of rave reviews on its brilliance. This brand is proof that cruelty free makeup doesn’t have to come at the cost of quality. They currently have limited edition Extinct sets containing vividly coloured lip kits, eyeshadow palettes among many more – so you can get creative this Halloween, guilt free!

The Balm A slightly lesser known brand but with all of the gorgeous products you could desire this Halloween, TheBalm is our next cruelty-free makeup brand for you to browse. If you don’t love this brand instantly for its retro packaging and quirky product names, you’ll love them for their colour palettes! You can even choose the colours that go into your palette, so you can get every shade you need to master that smokey eye just in time for that Halloween house party. 

Too Faced You know all about their beautifully scented palettes from the classic chocolate palette to their summer inspired peach palette but isn’t it even better to know they were created cruelty free? We think so too! So you can have the perfect make up for your Halloween look and even smell amazing for it, what could be better? That’s precisely why we’ve selected Too Faced as our final cruelty free Halloween makeup brand to have a look into this year. 

Business student at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow.