This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

It would be a perfect world if we all had the money to spend, on absolutely anything we liked, but being a student means making sacrifices although it does not mean that your make-up bag should suffer.

We all know that on a student budget, finding really good make up can be difficult especially when it’s a game of trial and error HC Strath has done the work for you!

1 B.

Is a skincare and make-up brand which can be found in Superdrug. It is specially formulated to work for you. Their prices range from £3 to £10 and give great results!

A must have from this range is their Flawless Complete Coverage Foundation which is at the moment on special offer at £6.66, originally £9.99 therefore saving £3.33. That’s enough for a treat … like a coffee from Starbucks! 

[pagebreak]

2 Rimmel

Can be found at any major pharmacy (Boots or Superdrug) and are extremely well known for their mascaras and lipsticks/lip glosses. Prices range from roughly £4 to £15.

A personal favorite is their Apocalips Laquer, which ranges between £5.99 and £6.49 depending upon the color you choose. It’s the best of both worlds: glides on like a lip gloss buts stays on like a lipstick!

[pagebreak]

3 Maybelline

“Maybe she’s born with it, maybe its Maybelline” – well I personally was not born with it!

Found in Superdrug or Boots, Maybelline is a good, classic and well-known student budget-friendly make-up brand – price range nothing higher than £15.

Fantastic for natural looking blusher that just give a bit of natural colour to the pale Scots look! Try their Expert Wear Blush for £5.19.

[pagebreak]

4 Max Factor

“The make-up of make-up artists”

Well, I am definitely not a make-up artist but this brand makes you feel like you are due to the great results that it gives!

They’re well known for the 2 in 1 or 3 in 1 foundations, which means we get more for our money girls! Give their All Day 3 in 1 Foundation a try, which includes primer, concealer and foundation for only £8.99 (originally £11.99, more saving!!).

Can be found in Boots and Superdrug.

[pagebreak]

5 Collection 2000

A fantastic brand that does not get enough credit!! Found in Superdrug and Boots and is extremely affordable. Great for when the bad times get worse! This range rarely has anything priced for over £5!

Their Pressed Powder gives a fantastic matte finish for only £1.99! It is also one of the rare brands that have lighter shades that are perfect for the Scottish girls’ complexion.

(All prices may vary and are subject to the condition of the store and offers available at time of sale)

Photo Credit:

www.cosmopolitan.co.uk

www.dailymail.co.uk

www.thehut.pantherssl.com

www.eastendcosmetics.co.uk

www.2.bp.blogspot.com