Spooky Box Set’s To Get Your Fangs Into!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

Hungover from Halloween parties? Want to stay in the spirit of Halloween but can’t face leaving your bed? It’s time to binge watch!

American Horror Story!

Now on it’s fourth season, American Horror Story (AHS) has become a phenomenon. With 8 Emmy Awards to it’s name, AHS has become one of the most original and unmissable programmes still running. Each series follows different characters, set in a horrifying location (haunted house, mental asylum etc). Most of the actors from series one have carried on into later series in different roles. This fact alone shows the versatility of the actors in this programme. The originality, sharp writing and the fact that it’s actually scary makes this a perfect halloween binge watch! Available: Netflix (Series 1-3), NowTV (Series 4)

Black Mirror!

Each episode in this series that was created by Charlie Brooker is like a small film in itself. With only three episodes every series, this programme is definitely quality over quantity! The show often explores our ever growing dependency on technology in some of the scariest and creepiest ways possible! Each episode is also incredibly well acted, with rising stars often seen in starring roles. Take the first episode in series 2, ‘Be Right Back’. This episode starred Domhnall Gleeson, who you may have seen starring opposite Rachel McAdams in the hit film ‘About Time’. With episodes ranging from political thrillers to outright horror, there’s something for everyone in this series to watch this Halloween! Available: 4od

The Walking Dead!

What’s more Halloween than zombies? This intense series follows Rick, a small town sheriff who has woken up from a coma to find that the world’s population has turned into flesh-eating zombies. Determined to find his family, Rick sets out into the unknown. What follows is an epic journey filled with countless characters. The only programme to possibly rival The Walking Dead when it comes to killing off characters is probably Game of Thrones – be careful to not get too attached to anyone! Now on it’s fifth series, this is the perfect programme to get hooked to! Available: Channel5.com (Series 1-4), NowTV (Series 1-5)

Photo Credits: 

www.thisishorror.co.uk

www.cazadoresdeseries.es

cdn.screenrant.com

I'm Charlotte! I'm studying Politics and Journalism & Creative Writing at The University of Strathclyde. I enjoy going to concerts, comedy clubs, reading dystopian novels and partying with friends.