Nails by Amy: Neon Dotted Nails

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

Hope you are all enjoying being back at Strath!

Why not start this semester off right with some bright and postive nails! This set of nails are really easy for you to do between lectures (not that we encourage that)! Plus, these are super cute !

First off for the base coat you will need white nail polish any brand will do, it just needs to be white.

For your coloured dots a selection of bright colours is needed, I have used a variety of colours that I had in my collection. They are Butter London’s Wellies, Cake-Hole and Macbeth. Barry M’s Greenberry and finally Sinful Collection’s Dream On. And last but not least you need a dotting tool, the one I use is from a NPW nail tool kit. If you don’t have access to a dotting tool a straightened out bobby pin works a treat too!

Right so first off start by painting your nails with one or two coats of white polish, and then let it dry completely. Start off by popping a few drops of polish colours onto a bit of plastic, then take your dotting tool and get started! Use the tool to sporadically place polish dots all over your nails, mainly focusing at the top half of your nails. Repeat this step until you have used at least all of the colours on your nails or are happy with the pattern. And that is it, pop a top coat on if you want your nails to stay strong and last for a while.

Strathclyde University student in Third year studying History.