This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

Mother’s day is one of the most thoughtful gifts you’ll have to buy this year.  Whether you know exactly what she likes or you’re totally stuck trying to find something she’ll love, our gift guide is here to give you a helping hand!

Whether your mum is the type who enjoys the finer things in life and loves a pamper or the one who is a domestic goddess in the kitchen, there’s plenty of unique and fun gifts out there to make sure you’re in her good books for the rest of the year!

Have a look at these suggestions below, from gifts that won’t break the bank to slightly more ‘generous’ gifts- there’s something for everyone! 

This Jo Malone set complete with perfume, body wash and candle is a perfect gift for your mum, and is good value too.  Remember to enter the code ‘MARVELLOUS’ at the checkout and they’ll also send you a perfume tester and a mini peony flower… cute!

Www.jomalone.co.uk,

£78

Of course, not everyone can splash out when it comes to Mother’s Day.  A gift that won’t stretch your pocket but can go a long way when wanting to show your mum how much you love her is good old-fashioned baking!  This is great fun if you have younger siblings, too.  To give your baking that artistic look, decorate it with cute ribbons.  Remember…it’s the thought that counts!

Www.notonthehighstreet.com,

Have a look here for some unique cookie cutters

There’s nothing better than being able to look back at all the memories made with your mum.  A picture frame or canvas with a picture of you both is the perfect way to show your appreciation for her!  There are lots of websites that’ll print your photo on a canvas to make it look extra professional and let you personalise with messages.

Www.photobox.co.uk,

From £12

With winter in full force, this cold weather can be harmful to the skin.  With this Bobbi Brown Detox Set, your mum is sure to be ready to tackle the icy cold temperatures with her moisturised and rejuvenated skin and strut her stuff!

Www.bobbibrown.co.uk,

£51.50

Stay tuned for more mothers day gift ideas which will be up tomorrow!!

Make sure to follow HC Strath on Instagram @hercampusstrath and on Twitter @HerCampusStrath and like our Facebook page for daily updates! 

Hi, my name is Caitlin and I am a third year BA (Hons) International Business student currently majoring in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I am a lover of all things beauty and makeup related and in my spare time I love to read fashion and beauty blogs to keep up with the latest trends. I am also a keen traveller, having spent 4 months studying in Montreal, Canada last year which was the best experience of my life to date!