Love Island Couples: Where are they now?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

Love Island is the nations favourite matchmaking TV show, bringing single guys and gals together to hopefully find their one true match. Often, we see couples in the villa brag that they will be together forever, however soon after they leave the sun soaked island and return to the dull weathers of the UK, often the romance is just a distant memory. What happens in the villa stays in the villa for some contestants, nonetheless some have battled against all odds and prove to be some of the shows biggest power couples! We have rounded up the most memorable couples from series 2 and 3 to see who are together forever and who have moved onto bigger and better things…

RELATIONSHIP HITS 

Olivia Buckland and Alex Bowen

The pair have continued their romance since series 2 in 2016 and are now engaged and planning their big day! It could be said that they are the most successful and well matched Love Island couple to date!

Olivia Attwood and Chris Hughes 

This pair got together in the third series of the show and their relationship was very much on and off during their time of the villa. To the surprise of many, they have continued to make a success of their relationship on the outside and this can be seen from their cosy insta snaps!

Amber Davies and Kem Cetinay 

The won the show in 2017 and this cute lil couple have just gone from strength to strength! With the couples presenting role, Amber’s clothing collections and Kem’s record deal under his belt with fellow contestant Chris (above) this couple are definitely living life to the full right now! 

Rachel Fenton and Rykard Jenkins

This duo got together in series 2, with Rykard proving he was in it for the long run when he voluntarily departed the show when Rachel was voted off by the public. The pair are perhaps the most udnerrated pair still together in Love Island history. 

RELATIONSHIP MISSES

Kady McDermott and Scott Thomas

This duo continued their romance for around after the show wrapped up in 2016, going on multiple holidays together and supporting each others business ventures. Unfortunately, both are now riding solo which is sad for fans who adored keeping up with the duo on their own YouTube channel!

Georgia Harrison and Sam Gowland 

This couple got together near the end of series 3 this year with the audience having high hopes that they would continue their romance on the outside! They were together for around a month, but parted ways due to several allegations of Sam being unfaithful. 

Montana Brown and Alex Beattie 

Again, Montana and Alex were another who we envisioned being a power couple after leaving the villa! However, due to both of them living in different cities and Montana’s traveling commitments for work, the pair called it a day. 

Emma-Jane Woodhams and Terry Walsh 

Have you forgot about this pair? Don’t worry, so did we. They weren’t the most loved pair in the villa and unfortunately they did not experience much love on the outside as the pair lasted around 8 months together before ending their relationship. 

NEITHER A HIT OR A MISS

Cara De La Hoyde and Nathan Massey 

The pair one the show in 2016 and were undoubtedly the most hilarious couple the show has ever seen. Both of them clicked from the moment they met, spent the whole show together and took home the prize money! After spending several months together, we were devastated at the news they had split to then only hear that Cara was pregnant!! The pair have been on and off since, but we hope they get back together in time for their little bundle of joy arriving!

Make sure to follow @HerCampusStrath on Twitter and Instagram and Like our Facebook page!

Hi, my name is Caitlin and I am a third year BA (Hons) International Business student currently majoring in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I am a lover of all things beauty and makeup related and in my spare time I love to read fashion and beauty blogs to keep up with the latest trends. I am also a keen traveller, having spent 4 months studying in Montreal, Canada last year which was the best experience of my life to date!