Lets’s Talk Deciding Where to Study with Manna

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

This week we caught up with seond year marketing and enterprise student Manna to find out her thoughts on the topic of choosing which university to attend, as it is a struggle that many of us have faced! 

1. So Manna, you currently study at Strath. What is your favourite thing about studying there?

My favourite this about Strathclyde is probably my course, I really enjoy learning about Marketing as cheesy as it sounds!

2. What were the 5 main factors that you considered when choosing a university to attend?

First, it had to be far away from home! I wanted to stay within Scotland so it was free tuition. Also to be central to the city as I’m from a small town and wanted to live somewhere that has constant things going on. Another factor was for the university campus to all be in the same place, meaning I’d get to meet people studying all different degrees. Finally, I wanted the course to be reputable and Strathclyde had the best reputation for business within Scotland.

3. Did your expectations meet reality? Were there pre-assumptions that you had about university before you attended?

I thought it would be like the typical University social life you seen in the movies, but I was actually in one of the smaller halls buildings and it wasn’t as lively as some of the other ones. This ended up better when hearing stories from my friends of how they got no sleep!

4. You are currently considering spending a semester abroad next year. Why would you like to study abroad? What do you think you could gain from studying abroad?

I want to go abroad to experience the different ways of life somewhere and believe it would make me more confident in stepping out into new opportunities in the future.

5. What are your top 3 destinations that you would like to study at overseas and why?

South Carolina University – I know quite a few people who I met at Strathclyde on exchange from South Carolina and they’ve told me so much about it, I love the sound of studying here. My next two destinations would either be any universities in Canada or Hong Kong as I wish to learn about both of these cultures and the temperature would be a lot different to living in the Scotland.

Thanks Manna, it was so interesting chatting with you and we wish you the best for the future!

Make sure to follow @HerCampusStrath on Twitter and Instagram and Like our Facebook page!

Hi, my name is Caitlin and I am a third year BA (Hons) International Business student currently majoring in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I am a lover of all things beauty and makeup related and in my spare time I love to read fashion and beauty blogs to keep up with the latest trends. I am also a keen traveller, having spent 4 months studying in Montreal, Canada last year which was the best experience of my life to date!