ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Its Not All About the Presents

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

Christmas is coming! (yay) which means that £££££ will be flying, if you’ve got the money it won’t really be problem buying all those presents, but most students are well STUDENTS, we have got to keep an eye on our budget.

But that doesn’t have to be the case; Christmas doesn’t need to be a time of the year where you go broke. If you have a giant family that can indeed prove to be difficult, think about investing in one big present for everyone to enjoy or get everyone little bits and bobs that they like and may have mentioned ( this is where it helps to actually listen when someone talks) .

If you have a small family and lack the cash, but still want to do something special for your loved one, then there is nothing to stop you. It is so obvious when someone has put a lot of effort and thought into someone’s gift, could be something they mentioned that they wished they had months ago, like a cute pair of earring s they loved but weren’t sure to get, or that book they’ve been dying to read, but were in too much of a rush to get it.  It doesn’t have to big or costly, just have to show that you care and listen to them.  It’s the thought that counts.  Naturally if it’s a gift for someone you don’t know at all, like a distant uncle who’s visiting, then it’s really just the gesture that matters, because clearly you wouldn’t know much of his interests or dislikes, so if you get him a tie in a colour that he may or may not hate, how would you know, but at least you made the effort to think to get him something.

But Christmas is really about being all together, for some it’s a family horror get together, where there is simply no organization and everything goes to hell. It is generally meant to be time of year where you’re supposed to enjoy quality family time: delicious food, drinks, laughs and parties and who knows after months of spending time in uni and away from home you might even enjoy the usual family crisis, gifts don’t really matter.

Photo Credits: 

us.123rf.com

3.bp.blogspot.com

www.smashingapps.com