Humans of Strathclyde

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

Over the past week or so with quotes and a picture from student interviews on campus. The page was inspired by Humans of New York, which was set up by Brandon.

Brandon began Humans of New York in the summer of 2010, shortly after leaving his job in Finance. I started Humans of New York as he thought it would a cool to create an exhaustive catalogue of New York City’s inhabitants. He set out to photograph 10,000 New Yorkers and plot their photos on a map. Somewhere along the way, he began to interview his subjects in addition to photographing them. And alongside their portraits, he included quotes and short stories from their lives.

Taken together, these portraits and captions became the subject of a vibrant blog. Humans of New York now has over six million followers on social media, and provides a worldwide audience with daily glimpses into the lives of strangers on the streets of New York City. 

Although we are yet to find out who the creator of the fabulous Humans of Strathclyde page is, its is a fantastic addition to the campus and Strathclyde community. So keep a look out and your look your best as you never know when you will be stopped and asked to pose for a photograph! 

Photo Credits:

powerhousearena.com