freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Do Valentines Day on a Budget…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

With Valentines Day just around the corner, the thought of having to spend our student loan on yet another thing is somewhat heart breaking.  As if we don’t have enough to worry about…how to spend Valentines just adds more stress to the equation. Here, I’m going to be writing about the 3 ultimate CHEAP ways to spend a romantic Valentines Day with that special person in your life.

A movie and takeaway night

Is there really anything better than snuggling up with a Chinese watching a crappy but overly cute romantic movie? Probably not. If you want to avoid the busy bustle of town, full of loved up couples and everywhere being a little (*cough* a lot *cough) more expensive than usual, then this is the perfect idea. An added bonus? No stress about the perfect outfit…just chilling out and having a cosy night in. We wont judge you…

Needing some romantic movie inspiration?

–       The Longest Ride – this is a super romantic movie with a super gorgeous main character! What could be better?! This will bring a tear to your eye.  This is a must watch this Valentines Day!

–       Safe Haven – This movie is insanely good starring Josh Duhamel – #dreamy. The best thing about this movie is the massive twist at the end that is so unexpected/amazing/shocking. A a must watch!!

Have a go at cooking

Cooking is claimed to be one of the best ways to get closer to your partner. So what’s a better way to spend the most romantic day of the year? Cooking together is something you probably don’t do enough and this makes it even more special. This can be fun as well and is sure to make some good memories

Get outdoorsy

Being at one with nature and doing activities can make for a romantic date…and will burn calories! Climbing a hill, going for a walk on a cold beach or doing something a bit more adventurous like GoApe can be a perfect way to spend Valentines Day. Pack a picnic, a bottle of wine and a blanket…it doesn’t get more romantic than that! 

Make sure to follow HC Strath on Instagram @hercampusstrath and on Twitter @HerCampusStrath and like our Facebook page for daily updates!

Hi, my name is Caitlin and I am a third year BA (Hons) International Business student currently majoring in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I am a lover of all things beauty and makeup related and in my spare time I love to read fashion and beauty blogs to keep up with the latest trends. I am also a keen traveller, having spent 4 months studying in Montreal, Canada last year which was the best experience of my life to date!