HC Strath September Favourites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

The HC Strath team have some awesome September favourites for you guys- they’re mainly beauty related, as well as one or two other great finds, which are sure to help you get through the chilly autumn months! 

Clare Oyster Bay wine from New Zealand has got a subtle fruity taste, especially of passion fruit. A glass of this and it’ll remind you of summer!

Emma “No one appreciates a good thing until it’s gone”. This was all so true when my trusty GHDs broke. Now I have their shinier, fancier big sister as a replacement and I have never been happier! The GHD Platinum Styler is not only amazing for your hair, but buy the pink edition and £10 of each purchase go to breast cancer research, so you get great hair and help a worthy cause.  

Caitlin The Becca shimmering skin perfector by Jaclyn Hill is in shade champagne pop and it’s the best highlighter ever and makes skin look fab on nights out!

Keren The Dr. Organic Virgin Coconut Oil Lip Balm is the best lip balm I’ve ever bought, it’s so moisturising & smells amazing- perfect for the coming colder months!

Mhairi Damien Rice- ‘O’ It’s hard to believe this incredible album was released over 14 years ago! Whilst it may not be all that new, it remains to be one of my favourite albums of all time and has been played on repeat for the last month- the perfect Autumn soundtrack!

Rhona Although this is a product I have used for about 3 years now, the Lancôme art liner is still the best I’ve tried! It is so easy to apply, especially if, like me, you love your wings! It also stays on all day meaning I never have to deal with the fuss of reapplying on the go!

Simona The Kiko Power Pro Nail Lacquer is definitely a lifesaver for when you want perfect nails but you’re strapped for cash- as a lot of us students are!  Even just one coat will result in perfect, shiny nails!   To sum it up in a few words: shellac for under a fiver!

Amy Lady Gaga’s comeback single Perfect Illusion is such a perfect, empowering, “boy bye”, song to belt out along to!

Siân The Dior Forvever Foundation is one of my september favourites because the foundation makes my skin look so dewy and feel amazing! I think it’s perfect for people like me with very dry skin. 

Lisa Sing Street- my fave film of the month and now my fave film of all time! It’s a total ‘coming-of-age’ film with an amazing soundtrack and a beautiful story! Also, it’s Irish so very pleasant to listen to. 

Daniella The L’Oréal Telescopic Mascara in carbon Black! I think it’s been on the market for a while now but I’ve only just discovered it and it’s amazing! I often feel that many mascara brands fail to live up to their claims but this truly does achieve great length without creating that clumpy spider lash look. Priced at just £10.99 it’s a high end product at high street pricing if you ask me!