Glasgow’s Top 5 Cocktail Bars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

With uni assignments creeping up fast and the typical Scottish weather it’s definitely a necessity to squeeze in a cocktail break! Glasgow is known for its lively nightlife so it’s no surprise that their cocktail bars mimic this. From a catch up drink with friends to a few drinks before a night out Glasgow is definitely the place to be!

Here are my top 5 cocktail bars in the city!

Blue Dog

Located in the heart of the city Blue Dog is THE place to go for cocktails! The live music and dimmed lighting gives the perfect atmosphere for a group cocktail night. Any cocktail you can think of its very likely Blue Dog will do it, personally my all-time favourite is ‘Eva the Diva’; you can’t go wrong with some Elderflower liquor and prosecco!

The Blythswood Hotel

If you’re looking for something a little fancier that you can dress up for then the Blythswood Hotel is the answer. The hotel itself is 5 star located in the middle of Blythswood square. The stunning building is extremely easy to spot by the huge red lamps central in each of the windows. The bar shares its space with the hotel restaurant so it is always busy. This cocktail and champagne bar has a lot to offer but you can also request to have your own combo made up!

Hillhead Bookclub

Hillhead Bookclub is the perfect student night! Situated in Glasgow’s stylish West End the quirky bar is the perfect spot for some pre night out cocktails! The strawberry vodka mojito is a must, it’s only £3 and tastes amazing!! If you’re feeling a little more adventurous then there are also gramophones up for offer… Yes, you can fill your full gramophone with the bookclub punch! And if that still doesn’t impress you then there is also a ping-pong table upstairs! A night out with your uni friends definitely calls for a stop at Hillhead bookclub!

BALTIC Ice Bar

The BALTIC Ice Bar is still relatively new to Glasgow and is located just outside of the city. It doesn’t have the biggest cocktail menu but what they do offer is really tasty! Anti-Freeze would be my first choice with; Absolute raspberry, blue curacao, sugar syrup, lemon juice and topped with lemonade. The Ice Bar quickly became popular as it was a new experience in Glasgow (not the temperatures!). The basic package starts at £8pp and gets you a 45 minute ice bar session, a cape and either a cocktail, Coors Light or shot. If you fancy trying something different then the BALTIC Ice Bar should be top of the list!

October

October is a chic dining venue by day and an exclusive party spot by night. October is a rooftop bar situated inside Princess Square. The bar has a stylish upmarket vibe with a delicious cocktail menu. Some of the stand out cocktails has to be the ‘sharers’; all featuring Grey Goose Vodka they can be shared amongst 4 friends, perfect for a fun night out! October is the bar to go to for a stylish cocktail in the city or the perfect spot for a party location!

Make sure to follow HC Strath on Instagram @hercampusstrath and on Twitter @HerCampusStrath and like our Facebook page for daily updates!

Hi, my name is Caitlin and I am a third year BA (Hons) International Business student currently majoring in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I am a lover of all things beauty and makeup related and in my spare time I love to read fashion and beauty blogs to keep up with the latest trends. I am also a keen traveller, having spent 4 months studying in Montreal, Canada last year which was the best experience of my life to date!