ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Essentials for your Interrail Adventure

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

Planning a big interrail adventure? Let’s be honest, whilst we would all love to squeeze our whole wardrobe, a TV and perhaps even our dog into a rucksack, it just won’t work. Choosing what to take is never easy, so here are a few essentials to get you started:

1. Micro Fibre Travel Towel. This little gem weighs next to nothing, but is soft and fast drying.

2. Body Wipes. Whether we want to admit it or not, a morning shower might not always be possible when travelling, and that’s where these become your best friend.

3. Birkenstocks. If you’re travelling somewhere sunny, these shoes will never leave your feet. They are not only comfortable, but also very in style around Europe.

4. Travel Wash. This is critical. Not all cities will have laundrettes nearby, so sometimes you may have to resort to doing your washing in the hostel, or perhaps even in the train sink.

5. Go Pro. You will not want to miss a moment of your trip and a Go Pro is a sturdy, waterproof camera that will not fail you.

6. Playing Cards. Sadly, the trains don’t tend to have wifi when interrailing, and so you do need to find other ways to entertain yourself. A card game is just the remedy.

7. Someone to play cards with. Ok so maybe this one isn’t actually an essential, but having people to laugh and share memories with is always a bonus!