EATING OUR WAY AROUND GLASGOW: SAPPORO TEPPANYAKI

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

In our new series ‘Eating Our Way Around Glasgow’ we hope to bring you, the students of Glasgow, our top restaurant recommendations regardless of the occassion, cuisine, price or location. Through our weekly posts, we will share our favourite restaurants of the moment that we think you just have to visit!

First up, we share with you our number 1 Japanese restaurant in Glasgow which goes by the name of Sapporo Teppanyaki.

This is a stylish restaurant situated on Ingram Street in the heart of the trendy Merchant City area of Glasgow and in close proximity to Strathclyde University. It is the perfect place to go for a special occassion meal as it is not just the food which impresses, but the overall experience. With  food cooked on a sizzling grill in the centre of the diners table, expect flames, tricks and the freshest of fresh tasty food. Alternatively, there is a relaxed bar area in the restaurant which is perfect for a quick bite to eat. 

We would say that the dress code is formal, as after all it is a restaurant which serves high quality food, service and drinks so a smart casual look for ladies and gents is applied.

Regarding price, this restaurant is on the upper end of the scale with the price a main course averaging around £15 in the evening, although pre-theatre deals apply as well as the occassional deal on itison.com. Check out the website here to view the menus and price lists. 

During our most recent visit, 3 of our HC Contributors went along to satisfy our Japanese food cravings! To drink, from left to right, we had a Bramble Cocktail, Merlot Wine and a Strawberry Sakeri. We then opted for the Chicken Gyoza and Chicken Rolls to begin. 

Followed by chicken teriyaki and steak teriyaki, both served with potatoes, vegetables, fried rice and a selection of dips. 

(check out our Instagram @hercampusstrath to see how our food was cooked at our table!) 

On this occassion, we decided to pass on dessert as we were totally full from the delicious food we ate. Nonetheless, if you think you can tackle dessert, there are plenty of sweet treats available including chocolate spring rolls and eton mess! 

Make sure to follow @HerCampusStrath on Twitter and Instagram and Like our Facebook page!

Hi, my name is Caitlin and I am a third year BA (Hons) International Business student currently majoring in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I am a lover of all things beauty and makeup related and in my spare time I love to read fashion and beauty blogs to keep up with the latest trends. I am also a keen traveller, having spent 4 months studying in Montreal, Canada last year which was the best experience of my life to date!