Cheap Eats Around Town: Amore!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

Amore – Ingram Street, Merchant City

Situated in Merchant City, Amore sits just minutes away from student halls and the city centre. This restaurant is perfect for when you want to experience a nice restaurant on a budget!

One course is only £5.95 between 12 and 6:30pm every day (except Saturday when this deal finishes at 5pm).

The lunch/early menu is smaller than the main menu but it still wide enough to suit every taste – from burgers to pizzas to fish and chips!

Out of the fifteen starters to choose from, a personal favourite is the potato wedges which are served with two excellent dips. Other great starters include the spicy chicken wings and the mixed peppers bruschetta.

There are tons of great mains to choose from. I thoroughly recommend the pizzas – the restaurant has real pizza ovens and the pizzas look and taste authentic. Another firm favourite are the mussels that comes served with crusty garlic bread!

A tip that I have learned is to order water for the table rather than fizzy juice – it saves money on overpriced drinks and is a healthier alternative. The water jugs that are provided are also classy and match well with the decor inside.

Amore also boasts a great setting for an evening meal – the brick walls and candlelit tables make for a relaxed and intimate atmosphere. Another plus is that the staff are friendly and attentive!

If you’re looking to try a new restaurant with reasonable prices then this is the place to go. Three courses for under a tenner makes this restaurant one of my personal favourites!

Star Rating – 5/5

I'm Charlotte! I'm studying Politics and Journalism & Creative Writing at The University of Strathclyde. I enjoy going to concerts, comedy clubs, reading dystopian novels and partying with friends.