Artists to listen to when you can’t find the motivation to study!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

Spring…

The Dream: sun, happiness, partying, relaxing, long lies, eating out, regular cocktail sessions….

The Reality: Studying, dying, crying, stressing, and spending hours trying to choose the good playlist or artist on Spotify!

Well don’t fear, we at HerCampus Strath are ready to bring to you the best artists to listen to when preparing for an exam, trying to get through the dreaded past papers, and keeping you motivated throughout the exam period! With these 5 artists to help you, you won’t be complaining about studying anytime soon!

1. Ben Howard – his music is to die for! It will put you in a state of relaxation that is sure to keep you calm, cool and collected throughout studying! He is the top of the list, with all of his music on Spotify, you need to get listening now!

Personal Favorites – Old Pine, The Wolves, Keep Your Head Up. 

2. Imagine Dragons – there music is so motivating and is perfect for keeping me awake whilst I’m studying for a boring subject! The songs are upbeat, catchy, and will keep your spirits high during somewhat depressing times! If you haven’t given them a listen before you really don’t know what you’re missing out on!

Personal Favorites – On Top of the World, Radioactive, Underdog 

3.Sam Smith – he is a must when it comes to studying! He is my personal most listened to artist out there, of course we all know Sam Smith for his best known songs such as Stay With Me and I’m not the only one, however when you listen to his album you get so much more out of it, from fun and fast to slow and relaxing making it the best study playlist put there!

Personal Favorites – Good Thing, Lay Me Down

4. Paloma Faith – Her voice is so unique and relaxing making her an easy candidate for the top 5 list! Her songs are all different and you will never get bored of listening to them! She’s a savior when it comes to getting me through studying!

Personal Favorites – Black & Blue, Only Love Can Hurt Like This 

5. Alicia Keys – My final person that needs to be on this list if Alicia Keys, while she might not have published that much recently her old music never fails to keep me motivated and put a smile on my face! She is such an independent woman and leaves me feeling empowered to study for that oh so horrible subject!

Personal Favorites – If I Ain’t Got You, Girl on Fire.