8 Top Travel Destinations if You Won the Lottery

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

(1) Bora Bora, French Polynesia

Nestled in the midst of French Polynesia, Bora Bora is said to be the most beautiful island in the world, who would disagree with that statement? With the luxurious white sands, clear blue water and enchanting scuba diving activities, Bora Bora is top of many travellers lists: however, staying on this stunning island could set you back a whopping £10,000!

(2) The Maldives

The Maldives consists of 1190 tiny islands scatters across the Indian Ocean, many of which are solely luxury holiday resorts. Everything about the Maldives screams luxury: the private island resorts, the lavish rooms, and the secluded ambiance. With an average year round temperature of 30 degrees, it is perfect for that luxury get away any time of year.

(3) The South Pole, Antarctica

This truly once in a lifetime holiday gives you the opportunity to go right to the edge of the Earth and see what life is like deep in the arctic. There are only three yearly trips offered for this highly sought after experience and the price reflects this, costing £46,000 per person!

(4) Ol Jogi, Kenya

This family owned private safari resort is home to one of the largest conservation and preservation centres in Africa. You have the opportunity to go on safari and see first-hand many of the amazing animals of the world. You can even spot wild rhino by helicopter! A weeklong stay here will set you back a staggering £150,000!

(5) Necker Island, British Virgin Islands

Who wouldn’t want to stay on their very own private island? Necker Island is owned by Richard Branson and is basically as exclusive as you can get. The island is available from $78,000 per night including everything you could possibly want!

(6) Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Having just won the lottery will be burning a hole in your pocket, where better to give in to modern excess than Dubai? It is described a playground for the wealthy with access to anything you could possibly imagine! Here, it is not uncommon for the cost per night to be upwards of £10,000.

(7) Tokyo, Japan

Described as the most energizing and exciting city in Asia, Tokyo is the place to go for a totally unique experience! With amazing culture and sightseeing as well as being a shopping haven, there is something for everyone to enjoy in this gem of a city.

(8) Lapland, Sweden

Witnessing the Northern Lights is one thing, but witnessing the Northern Lights from your own glass igloo in Lapland, Sweden is a truly unique, awe inspiring experience. 

Make sure to follow HC Strath on Instagram @hercampusstrath and on Twitter @HerCampusStrath and like our Facebook page for daily updates! 

Hi, my name is Caitlin and I am a third year BA (Hons) International Business student currently majoring in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I am a lover of all things beauty and makeup related and in my spare time I love to read fashion and beauty blogs to keep up with the latest trends. I am also a keen traveller, having spent 4 months studying in Montreal, Canada last year which was the best experience of my life to date!