5 New Year’s Resolutions We Struggle to Keep!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

It’s that time of year again. Time for a new chapter and a change in our lives, it’s the same every year. Every year we all say we will go the gym more or stop spending as much as we do and every year we struggle or more often than not fail! But that is okay! It’s part of the natural order of things of how the year should start. The year starts with us trying to be good and then as the year goes on we gradually struggle…everyone does it so it’s okay, right?

Of course it is! That is why we are here to give you the top 5 resolutions that we feel its okay to struggle with. As long as there are slight improvements it’s alright!

1. Get fit!

We all do it! After the big Christmas feast and the telling ourselves its okay to over indulge a little because it’s a) Christmas and b) winter. We all make the conscious resolution to start the New Year off right and tame our bad habits by getting fit! However as much as are good intentions would allow life gets in the way and that gym membership that you bought because it was such a good deal (do direct debit monthly and don’t pay till February) is draining your bank balance for no good reason.

2. Eat healthy.

I love pasta! Carbs, carbs, carbs! I cannot live without so every New Year I tell myself this will be the year that my carb in take goes back down to normal level! This is the year that I shall have a well-proportioned diet that gives me everything I need to make me happy and healthy as well as keep off the “puppy fat”! Yet it’s a struggle one war that has yet to be one – but that’s okay! Will just try again next year.

3. Save money …

Christmas and New Year give your bank balance a crucial hit every year! Therefore at the start of each year we all decide to cut back and budget a bit better. This is done in a variety of ways either by not going on a spending spree every month because you need a little pick me up or by looking through your cupboards and seeing what you buy and don’t use.

4. Learn something new!

Learn that new skill that will bring your CV back to life, be it a language or that you can sail! The New Year is the time to try new things and have an adventure or two. However if life and commitment get in the way its okay there is always next year!

5. Study more…

Yes we all do it! We look back at last semester and go “Oh if only I studied more!” and every year we try – but bad habits are harder to get rid of however if you don’t start every essay two days before they are due surely that’s an improvement, right? 

It’s all we could ask for!

Photo Credits:

www.deans-sport.co.uk

blog.iwantavilla.com

www.temptationgifts.com

ilifejourney.files.wordpress.com

www.edudemic.com