This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

Welcome back to Stony Brook, Seawolves! Spring semester is officially underway, and even though it may not seem it, we’re so close to getting back to that warm weather. However, for the time being, we’re stuck with rainy and cold days. While it may seem sucky to be stuck inside, I love this weather. After all, there’s nothing better than curling up under a blanket with a good book and some hot chocolate! So instead of daydreaming of summer, read on to pick your next favorite book!

1. One of Us Is Lying by Karen McManus

This book has been described as The Breakfast Club with a murder- and it most definitely lives up to the hype. Five high schoolers walk into detention, but only four come out. While the four main characters maintain their innocence, it turns out that they all had a motive to kill their classmate, and all of them are lying about something. There are twists all the way to end, and you’ll be guessing all the way through. The best part? One of Us Is Lying is being developed into a TV show with E! Entertainment. Now you’ll have a new show to binge watch.

2. All the Bright Places by Jessica Nielsen

All the Bright Places is heartbreakingly funny. You’ll be laughing one minute at the characters and sobbing the next. Violet Markey and Theodore Finch find themselves paired up for a social studies project to explore the wonders of their state, Indiana. In between their adventures, they find themselves becoming closer and closer, which is something they both need. Because Violet’s sister just died, and Finch feels like he has no one.

3. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

This was recently made into a movie, but the book should truly be read by everyone. Samantha Kingston is stuck living the same day over and over again, which just so happens to be the day she dies. Sam needs to figure out how to break out of the time loop, and either die or keep on living. While Sam’s story is intriguing, the true beauty of Before I Fall is in its way to make you question who you are and what you’re living for.

4. Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan

You won’t stop laughing while reading this book, that’s a promise. Rachel Chu just wants to go on a normal trip to visit her boyfriend’s home and family in China. Too bad her boyfriend, Nicholas, is a member of an ultra-wealthy family, and “normal” isn’t really a thing with them: Think Gossip Girl with adults and twice as funny.

5. I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

This is another amazing and thought-provoking novel that also deserves the attention it’s been getting. I’ll Give You the Sun is about twins Noah and Jude. Each tells their own story set over a three-year span: Noah tells his story when he’s 13 and Jude tells hers when she’s 16. When they’re 13, they’re inseparable. But by the time they’re 16, they can’t stand each other. What exactly happened in those three years and how can they find their way back to each other? More importantly, how do they find out who they really are?

Well, Seawolves, it may be some time until we find ourselves at the Staller Steps again, feeling that warm sun on our skin… but until then, we got these books to keep up company! Happy reading!

Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor