This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

St. Patrick’s day 2021 may not be what you have imagined but you can still celebrate it with style. 

There is no day better to test out some green and gold makeup than March 17th, and not to mention it’s probably the only year in anyone’s life when you can wear a shirt that says “Kiss me, I’m Irish” without worrying about some idiot actually trying to kiss you. 

Green eye makeup can be a bit daunting for some people- hey, I get it! A lid full of bright lime green isn’t for everyone, but there is more to green than just bright lime green. In fact there are some amazing choices out there. 

For example, J.Cat Beauty’s Triple Crown Baked Shadow  is a trio that has St. Patrick’s Day written all over it. It has a metallic olive green that is quite beautiful and is bright enough to make an “I’m wearing green” statement. The color can bring out your eyes or clothing, but it is muted enough to be able to wear to work. It can work as a liner as well as a smokeyeye  look that was seen at NYFW this year. There is also a gold shadow, which you can use with the green to create a look. No one says this holiday has to be 100 percent about the color green, after all the pot at the end of the rainbow is gold so you can even rock the gold shadow alone if you’d like. But if you are into the idea of mixing gold and green, try a green lid with a hint of gold starting in the corner of your eye and blend inwards. Put some green on your lower lashline and use the third color (a soft champagne) in the palette as a highlighter up to your brow bone or in the inner corner of your eye and you have got a beautiful festive look. 

If you do have to go somewhere like work, check out Huda Beauty’s PASTEL Obsessions Bag & Brush Set.  You get the cutest mint green backpack along with three double sided  brushes. While you do get a choice of pastel palettes, I would recommend the pink or St. Patrick’s day! This palette contains nine different shadows. Some are matte, some are shimmer and some are a mix. While this palette obviously contains mint and green pastel colors, it also contains a copper, and a matte brown that has a bit of an orange undertone. There is a pastel green/dark green shimmer swirl, which creates a beautiful green shimmer. It would literally take all day to go over the numerous combinations, but here is a fun one: take the darkest green and put it across the lid, then take the light pastel colors and make a precise medium line in the crease. Step 3: in the outer corner, use the copper color and blend inwards, but make sure you don’t cross the line you made for the crease. You can check out another St. Patrick’s makeup tutorial below where I use Huda Beauty’s Mint Palette and their new #BombBrows Microshade Brow Pencil.

Colourpop’s rainbow palette, “Fade Into Hue” has a huge mix of colors including green and gold colors. You can channel a Lucky Charms vibe by making a rainbow eye look: red, yellow, orange, blue and green leading into a black pot. 

For your last St. Patricks inspired look,try a green or gold lip! This can be pure fun because when else do you get to wear a green or gold lip? Some people don’t care and just wear whatever color they want regardless of the occasion (and I applaud those who do,) but many people don’t share those sentiments. If you are the latter use this day to have some fun and wear makeup looks you wouldn’t normally wear! 

I love writing about beauty, entertainment, fashion and accessories and more. I love musicals, singing, movies and all things beauty including hair! I've acted in movies, sung opera and won pageants. I also write fiction and many of my stories have been featured in anthologies.
Cece Cruz

Stony Brook '21

President/Editor-in-Chief here at the Her Campus Stony Brook Chapter! I joined Her Campus in Spring 2018 as a Junior Writer and I am currently majoring in Journalism with a minor in Political Science. My personality is somewhere between Rachel Green and Phoebe Buffay. I call that balance. In my free time you can find me doing... I'm a college student, if I appear to have any free time I'm probably procrastinating.