This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

It’s hard to believe but the semester didn’t start that long ago. You may feel the need to change a few of your routines to adapt to your new schedule so why not try a few new items out, as well? I picked some of the best new items to help you and your daily routine start and end on a more positive note.

Ulta Beauty has begun to carry BeautyStat

The Microbiome Barrier Balancing Cleanser gave me the softest skin I have ever received from a cleanser alone. It’s my new favorite. I have never seen such a huge difference with my skin after the first use. It has MicroSilver BG (pure silver) and is said to provide reparative qualities.

Using your hands you can make it into a light and gentle foam. I love to let it sit for a moment while I brush my teeth. This is the first time my skin has really felt smooth from just using a cleanser alone. It is great for dry and irritated winter skin! 

Izzy, an environmentally conscious brand, released a great Zero Waste Glossy Lip Butter that gives your lips a beautiful pink flush look. It is packaged in a great reusable package that also acts as a bag; I am absolutely in love with it! It also has spaces for you to keep the lip butter in. Speaking of, it applies like a dream- smoothly due to its non-stick formula; it’s great for your lips and the planet. How’s that for multitasking?

Nothing goes better with a beautiful lip gloss better than beautiful teeth. If you’ve been thinking about a water flosser now is the time!

Burst water flosser is easy to use and take care of. It works effectively and efficiently. The instructions do an amazing job at easily explaining how to use and care for it. There are two settings and a pulse option. It can even be used in the shower! They have three different heads as well including one for orthodontics so you can make sure your teeth stay clean regardless of your braces. Additionally, there is a refill plan you can sign up for to get a replacement tip every 24 weeks! 

If you work out a lot or use body powder check out ARM & HAMMER Invisible Body Powder Spray and Shoe Refresher Spray. The shoe spray is great for workout/sunning spinning shoes- I love using it on my Crocs! The body spray smells tropical to me. It is sweat-activated and I found keeps me drier than other products. Plus, it’s reasonably priced at $6.99!

A healthy look includes a healthy lifestyle i.e. making sure you don’t skip meals. But on a student’s budget and schedule it can be hard. BlendJet is a travel blender that you can use to make smoothies on the go or easily take smoothies with you. They also have JetPacks which are pre-packed freeze-dried smoothies where you only need to add water or milk. They have a lot of different ingredient combinations including, the Latte Caramel;  I get my coffee fix and avoid long lines at coffee shops while I blend on the way to class. It is rechargeable and self-cleaning and come in more than 15 colors! What more could you ask for? 

So regardless if you are looking for a way to skip the coffee shop and eat healthy, take care of your teeth or your skin better I hope you were able to find some products to help you out! 

I love writing about beauty, entertainment, fashion and accessories and more. I love musicals, singing, movies and all things beauty including hair! I've acted in movies, sung opera and won pageants. I also write fiction and many of my stories have been featured in anthologies.