Love Your Body, Love Yourself

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

It’s that time of year. Some of us are starting to feel the pressure that comes with the impending warm weather. It will soon be “crop-top” season, as I like to say. You may be feeling like you are on a time crunch to get that “perfect summer bod.” Here are some tips to help you realize that no matter how you look on the outside, you are perfect the way you are!

#1. Understand that you’re just as important as anyone else. Know your value and move on towards people who will make a positive impact in your life Never let anyone disrespect you. LOVE what you see in the mirror.

#2. Cut out habits that only cause you to doubt yourself. Avoid building habits that are born out of insecurity. Practice healthy habits and respect yourself and your goals.

#3. Stop seeking approval from those around you. No matter what other say or think, you can do everything that you set your mind to!

#4. Surround yourself with motivation. Listen to motivational podcasts. Read up on self-improvement literature. Listen to music that lifts your spirits and pushes you to succeed. Find ways to succeed be confident and strive towards your goals without the assurance of someone else.

#5. Believe in yourself so much, that no one else can tell you otherwise. Surround yourself with people that will remind you that you can do it.

Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor