Julian Kingston: “That’s the heart of Stony Brook”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

Name: Julian Kingston

Year: Junior

Major: Electrical Engineering

Hometown: Upstate, NY

Relationship Status: In a relationship 

Hobbies: “Dancing, acting, and writing.”

Favorite Spot on Campus: “Starbucks.”

Most Embarrassing Moment: “When I was in the second grade, I had a really bad cold and I was in classroom of about 30 kids. I had to blow my nose and the teacher was writing on the board. So I didn’t want to be rude so I waited for her to stop talking for me to blow my nose. So she would stop talking and I would blow my nose heavily and stop and stare at her when she started talking again. And we would have a stand off and then I would wait for her to turn around again and then keep blowing my nose. Eventually she was just like, ‘Julian just blow your nose, it’s not like it’s against the law’ and I was like, ‘Fine, okay, sure, if you say so.’ She starts talking and I just go *loud blowing nose sound* and the entire class bursts out laughing and I was just like, ‘I told you, I didn’t want to do that.’”

Favorite Stony Brook Memory: “I went to Garba and I borrowed someone’s traditional outfit to wear, I had the stick and everything. It was just a night full of eating food and learning the culture. That’s the heart of Stony Brook, like people always say it’s diverse here, but you have to get out there to see all the different things that people have to offer on this campus and how great and welcoming everyone is and how much you can learn about another culture and how fun it can be.”

Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor
New shoes, black coffee, and just really, really, god-awful jokes.Check out Long Island Sound!