Style > Fashion

Hearts -Valentine’s Day and anniversary gifts

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

Anniversaries can come with a lot of high expectations, just because people have high expectations. You didn’t hear this from me, but Valentine’s Day, which recently passed, can be a good time to stock up on sweet jewelry items for anniversaries with high expectations. But high expectations don’t mean that the prices have to be high. I found some great items in various price ranges from some well-known brands.

Semi-precious stones -They may call them semi-precious, but they can be precious, nonetheless. BaubleBar has recently released new necklaces, bracelets, and earrings that fit the bill. The items include mother-of-pearl bracelets as well as turquoise. They have a Rose Quartz Heart Necklace Called Juno which also has matching earrings. According to BaubleBar’s website, Katie Holmes was seen wearing the Juno Rose Quartz Necklace. If pink isn’t your style, they also have Blue Lace Agate stone for a necklace and earrings. The Juno Necklace also has 4 other shades, a total of 7 colors including green and blue.

They also have a unique shell and gold plated earring, Vanessa Earring, and sister earrings called Kira, which are paved and gold plated. What stood out to me is the uniqueness of the design; it isn’t just a heart the earrings, while being slightly different, look like hanging cut-out heart decorations. If you want to stick with a heart theme, they also have tennis necklaces in Kali in the shape of hearts. They have two versions one, a clear and multi-color. Clear is always a good choice, as it goes with everything. They also have a multicolor ombre choice. These stood out to me because while tennis necklaces don’t often come in hearts, I think it’s a nice twist on a classic, as a heart can be worn all year round. As for rings, they have two heart rings: one called Kali which is iridescent, and Julia which has a cubic zirconia (cz) you see in the shape of a heart with a heart setting on the outside emphasizing the heart motif. This ring really stood out because of how beautiful it looks in person- the light captures it in a way it does not show online, so I thought I’d be remiss if I didn’t include it. It also makes it look a lot more expensive than $38.

If you want to make it a little personalized without a long waiting period, there is a Gold & Mother-of-pearl initial necklace. There are a few things that caught my eye. The first thing about this is that it is pre-made so it can ship immediately. The second thing that caught my eye is that it is mother-of-pearl. It’s a beautiful and classic semi-precious stone that you can never go wrong with; I’ve never heard anyone complain about mother-of-pearl.

Enso rings have a great option if you want to customize something. Well, it’s not exactly ‘a’ option- more like 130+ options as they at the time of this article being written have 130 products on their customized/engravable page. From there, you have even more options. You can choose fonts and symbols, including hearts, musical notes, and religious symbols. Enso has two different bandwidths that can be engraved on: Thin and Standard and only costs $9.99. The engravings are clear and easy to read. I got my favorite quote in a pink diamond shade and it is something I am constantly wearing. I found that the rings, which are silicone, are very high quality and that they have a lifetime guarantee on their rings. They have a couple of rings including ones that have the famous lines from Star Wars “I love you” and “I know” in both English and Aurebesh, which is a language in the Star Wars universe. If you are looking for a design that doesn’t have a heart or saying, they have some beautiful floral designs in their Etched Floral Collection. Different flowers, including Cherry Blossoms and Poppies and colors, so there is a variety to choose from.

Electric Picks has beautiful heart earrings called Fawn Earrings. They come in 14kt gold or sterling silver-plated. What stood out to me about these earrings is that they are a classic heart shape that is equal all the way around. A classic look like that, which is smooth without any design, is hard to find nowadays; I know I looked for a simple heart design to include in this piece. It is around the size of a quarter. If you’re like me are a bit of a Goldilocks when it comes to size, I don’t like things to overpower my face, but I also like to be able to see earrings without a magnifying glass and these earrings fit the bill well. I found these earrings were a very nice size, at about the size of a quarter. It isn’t too small enough that it doesn’t overpower or distract from one face or outfit, but big enough to be seen well when it’s worn.

They also have a heart bracelet called Bella’s Bracelet. What prompted me to include this bracelet is that all proceeds will go to the Boston Children’s Hospital. It is named/created in honor of a child who suffered from a rare genetic metabolic disease. It’s a 14kt Gold Vermeil Heart on a 14kt Gold-filled chain and is sculpted by hand.

Let’s say you completely forgot a gift and you’re searching online for a quick and easy one. Check out AMC STUBS A List. It’s a subscription where they get to see up to three movies a week, including IMAX and 3D without an up charge. It also gives you at least one built-in pre-paid movie date, so it might just solve two problems with one stone.

I hope you found something that helps you find some great gifts. Here’s to love!

I love writing about beauty, entertainment, fashion and accessories and more. I love musicals, singing, movies and all things beauty including hair! I've acted in movies, sung opera and won pageants. I also write fiction and many of my stories have been featured in anthologies.