This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

Despite there being similar themes it’s a whole new movie as the audience sees another part of Pandora-the sea.

We see some familiar enemies as well as new ones but all in all it is like seeing a whole new world no pun intended as James Cameron once again dives into the sea for another blockbuster movie.

It’s not a secret that James Cameron knows his way around the water, pun intended, or story telling but you don’t need to be familiar with the first movie to enjoy this.  Be advice spoilers are below!

The sequel does an amazing job at catching the moviegoer up quickly. Regardless if you have never seen the first film or have watched it religiously it explains what you need to know about the native species, known as the Na’vi, on Pandora and how they have developed since we last saw them. However you do not need to have watched the first film. The movie is almost 100% in English which is easily explained to the audience as well. In case you are wondering, the first movie centered Jake Sully. He was originally a human (called sky people by the Na’vi) he permanently transferred his consciousness into his Na’vi avatar after starting a revolution to help the natives including Neytiri, Zoe Saldana, who he had fallen in love with.

Throughout the movie it sets up possible storylines for sequels. We are introduced to the tribes that live on/in the water, none of which were mentioned in the original film. By use of quick sequences, cuts shots and zoom-ins the audience is shown the differences between the tribes that live in the forest where the Sullys, minus Jake, lived their whole lives.

The movie is full of heart and courage, which makes it a perfect holiday release. There is a common theme throughout the whole movie that Sully’s stick together.  

The fight sequences are fast but easy to follow with spectacular graphics. Needless to say Cameron still knows his way around water and a sinking ship.

The underwater scenes are some of the most breathtaking ones I have ever seen. The animals are extremely realistic 

It is a visually stunning movie with a n undertone of family that is not to be missed this holiday season. 

I love writing about beauty, entertainment, fashion and accessories and more. I love musicals, singing, movies and all things beauty including hair! I've acted in movies, sung opera and won pageants. I also write fiction and many of my stories have been featured in anthologies.