7 Things We Should Never Do Again

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

Being a young adult can be fun. You’re at that stage where you’re not fully stranded with life responsibilities, you get to live, and make some mistakes along the way. There are some things that we just shouldn’t do. But then, there are the ones we’ve done but we should never, ever do again.

1. Binge-watching Netflix and blowing off your responsibilities

They’ve made it. The actors, the directors, the writers, Netflix…they’ve all made it. You haven’t yet. 

2. Using the nice guy that’s been around to get over a flame3. Going off the rails after a bad relationship

Relationships can be good. They can also be bad. If you go off the rails after a bad one, what’s going to happen after the next bad one? Because there will be another one. And another one.

4. Sharing too much with your co-workers, especially if you are not really good friends

Emphasis on the word good. When your manager is cool with your co-workers and you’re relatively still new compared to them, be careful what you share.

5. Telling yourself you can change a significant other

Oh, there’s not enough magic to make that happen. He will try if he wants to. And maybe it will work. But it’s all up to him.

6. Using vodka as Band-Aid

It won’t patch up any damage. If anything, it causes more.

7. And, finally, let society and other people define you

Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor