This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

1. It’s sweater weather on the way to your 8 am class, but by lunchtime you’re sweating in anything warmer than a t-shirt.

2. The leaves are changing colors, or have possibly already begun to fall, and walking around campus is made much more satisfying by the sounds of the leaves crunching under your (now weather appropriate) boots.

3. The Han Solo look is back in style – tight pants, high boots and a tastefully revealing sweater or vest becomes the uniform of choice in this season.

4. The bus stop has made a sudden transition from a hell sauna to a beautiful haven from the wind and you find yourself appreciating the 3 1/2 walls so much more than you ever thought you would.

5. The Pumpkin Spice Latte makes its triumphant return to the Starbucks menu, and your inner white girl won’t let you forget it.

Nataly is a freshman at SBU on the Biomedical Engineering track. She hasn't had her natural hair color in nearly five years and spends far too much time working on useless hipster hobbies.
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor