This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

So you’ve blocked off some me time…now what do you do? While some people may have specific guidance on how to occupy this time, here are some general ideas for things to do, use, and try!

A: Aromatherapy—Essential oils and candles can help create a subtle and relaxing ambiance. 

B: Bake—It can be as satisfying to create the goodies as it is to eat them afterward!

C: Cuddle with pets—There is just nothing better. Stuffed animals work too!

D: Dance Party—I suggest a 2010 hits playlist!!

E: Embrace time off—Try not to worry about what is to come or relive what has just happened. If you don’t have the energy to do anything during this time, just let yourself sit and take a breather.

F: Fashion show—Try to put together the funkiest outfits from your closet. See what you come up with!

G: Google Earth—Travel anywhere in the world and select “Streetview” for a realistic image.

H: HIIT Style Workouts—If you’re looking to get your heart pumping in a short amount of time, search for one of these on YouTube.

I: Ice-Cream—This one speaks for itself. Your favorite sweet or savory treat will do the job as well.

J: Journal—This doesn’t just have to be about your feelings, you could recount a memory or write a poem!

K: Kite-Flying—If you can get past the idea of kite-flying only being for kids, then you have opened up a whole new world of entertainment for yourself. Plus getting outside is always a bonus.

L: Leaf imprints—If you are looking to be creative, grab a leaf (or a flower) from outside, put it under a piece of paper, and use a marker or pencil to capture the leaf’s imprint on your paper! Do a bunch of them and make a cool design!

M: Movies—Watch an Oscar nominated film or re-watch a classic for the 100th time.

N: Newspaper Blackout Poetry—Find an article or advertisement in the paper and create a poem by blacking out all of the words except the ones you want to keep. Whatever you have left becomes your creative masterpiece!

O: Ocean Visit—If you are lucky enough to live close to the ocean, take a walk or drive to see the water. If not, think of a landmark or hike you enjoy and go spend some time in nature!

P: Pizza Party—Order a pizza for yourself and have it delivered; you don’t have to lift a finger! Or, make it yourself and enjoy your creation!

Q: Quilt-Making—While you can certainly go for the “real thing” or watch a YouTube tutorial on how to do so, you can also divide a piece of paper into squares and fill each with a cool design!

R: Read—Magazines, novels, newspapers, short stories, poems…there are endless opportunities to enter a different world or mindset for even just a little while!

S: Stretch—Whether or not you’ve exercised recently, stretching can be so beneficial for your body and mind. There are tons of videos and articles that offer advice on the best stretches to try!

T: Tea Time—There are so many different kinds of teas out, including some that are meant specifically for relaxation! Try something new!

U: Umbrella Adventure—Is it raining on your day off? Brave the storm with your umbrella and head outside. Try to observe how the environment around you looks in the rain—it might be the first time you have taken the time to notice!

V: Veggie Garden—This your chance to grow fresh, healthy food right in your backyard. There are also some plants and herbs you can grow indoors if your outdoor space is limited!

W: Walk it out—Pick a destination and route and embark on a walk at whatever pace feels right. This is also a great opportunity to listen to music, a podcast, or an audiobook.

X: Xylophone—Yes, this is a stretch. X is hard! But remember the elementary and middle school days when we got to play those metal bars with passion? Find some makeshift drum sticks, a metal surface, and jam out!

Y: Yellow Day—try to spend your day/time only wearing, eating, and drinking things that are yellow. This can be done with any color, but yellow is a fun and happy color to start with!

Z: Zodiac Research—learn more about your sign, your friends’ signs, or the history behind this intriguing aspect of astrology!  

Emma MacIntyre

Stonehill '22

I am a senior studying English, Spanish, and creative writing. Besides writing, I love baking, exploring the outdoors, and spending time with my dog and my friends and family.