This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Have you ever dated or been in a relationship with someone who you knew wasn’t the greatest person, but you didn’t want to let them go? I was recently dating this guy who had sooooo many red flags, but I decided to ignore them because he made me feel special. While talking to this guy I saw a lot of quotes and sayings about dating, being in healthy relationships, and knowing when it’s time to let toxic people go. With the help of my best friend, I was able to finally realize that I deserved someone so much better, so I ended things with him. It stinks and I miss him a lot, but I know I’ll eventually find someone better. Anyways, I feel like this is something a lot of girls, especially at our age, can relate to, so I wanted to share some quotes and sayings that I came across on Instagram that helped me in case you also need some encouragement for getting rid of the toxic guy/girl in your life. I hope these help! 

“If he’s afraid

to fully fall

in love with you

save your time and love yourself instead” 

– Michaela Angemeer

“best dating advice I’ve gotten was: ‘The signs you ignore in the beginning just end up being the reason you leave later. You know right away who’s good and who’s bad for you, don’t ignore that.” 

– @xvvvier (twitter)

“If he’s not making the effort, he’s not worth your time.” 

-Mark Anthony

“Do not feel guilty

for putting yourself first. 

There is no shame in doing

what is best for you. 

There is no shame in fighting 

for your own happiness, 

for fighting for yourself.” 

-Kiana Azizian

“No matter how much you miss a toxic person, please don’t ever contact them again. Please. Don’t. It’s not worth it, you will be sad again regardless of the many times they told you it wouldn’t be that way anymore. You deserve nothing but happiness and it is not them…you don’t ever need to feel drained and exhausted over a person. Real love will find you.”

– @fixursoul

Emma Cianciulli

Stonehill '22

Emma is a senior at Stonehill College, where she is majoring in English. When she isn't at school, Emma enjoys thrift shopping, reading a good book, spending time with her horse, and hanging out with friends. She lives in New Hampshire with her mom and two cats. Her dream job is to be an editor for a fashion magazine.